February 7, 2011

HUGS AND KISSES

Happy Monday to everyone!!!! Today is not allowed to be a bad day since it is my birthday :-)  Yep, another year, another wrinkle, lol!!! Nothing big planned for today, I am going to spend some quiet time stamping for my upcoming classes and then have a nice dinner with the fam.  But first, I am going to share with you another Valentine I made for my husband.  He gets his first one today and then one everyday until the actual day, lol! I just think one day is not enough to tell him how much I love him :-)  Sooo, you may be seeing a few more of these Valentine cards this week, heehee!  I had fun making this one - I used one of the new sets from the Occasions mini because I just love all the cute stamps in this set! It is called  XOXO(clear item 121973) which is perfect because I want to shower my man with hugs and kisses :-)  I paired the stamp set with the Love Impressions Designer paper (item 121780) also from the mini - love this paper! It has textured sheets, embossed detail, and yummy colors - I would use this for all kinds of projects, not just for Valentines Day, it is just too stinkin' cute not to!!!  I have been getting a lot of use out of my Pinking Hearts border punch(item 117649) lately as well - it is PERFECT for adding that pretty detail to all your valentine cards, anniversary cards, your just because cards....well, you get it, lol! And, I could not help but add some little punched out hearts using my small heart punch(item 117193)  from the Glimmer paper(item 121790) in the mini - can you say YUMMO??!!  It is soooooo pretty, it makes me giggle :-) I did a lot of embossing on this one - I just love my Big Shot(item 113439) and all the cool embossing folders we have! The one I used here is called Perfect Polka Dots(item 117335)  - I like this one for embossing over my images because it really makes them pop! And, no card is complete without bling so I added some Basic Rhinestones as well! (item 119246 ).  Lots of layering and lots of texture, make me happy!!!  And of course, you have to add ribbon so I used the thin taffeta Real Red ribbon (item 119251) which added just the right touch to the card!  I had fun making this since it was for my  honey - those are the best cards to make, aren't they??!!  And, I plan on making several more today as I am going to stamp the day away :-)  Enjoy your Monday, I plan to *wink* And, if you see products on this card that you love and NEED to have, you can shop in my online store or email me and I will help you put your order in! Now is the time to do this - with Sale-a-Bration going on, you get FREE stuff with every $50 worth of product purchased!  Did I mention FREE, lol??!!!  So, don't miss out because it won't last forever :-)  Now, I am off to stamp, but I will be back tomorrow to share another fun project with you! Until then, Happy Stampin'!!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Crumb Cake, Going Gray, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White card stock, Love Impressions Designer Series Paper, Glimmer Paper
Inks - Pink Pirouette, Real Red classic inks
Stamps - XOXO
Tools - Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Pinking Hearts border punch, Small Heart punch, Large Oval Punch, Curly Label punch, Modern label punch, 1 3/8 inch and 1 1/4 inch circle punches
Accessories - Real Red thin taffeta ribbon, Basic Rhinestones

2 comments:

Annacarin said...

From Sweden - Happy birthday Alex!!
It's a wonderful card you have made!
Have a great day...
Annacarin

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!!!! I hope your day is FABULOUS!!!!! Girl you are beautiful don't you worry about another year :) but I do wish after 35 we all stop aging..LOL!!!! Your card is TERRIFIC! Great design, layout, and colors..BEAUTIFUL!