February 4, 2011

A LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME......

WHOOHOOO!! It is Friday!!! I am excited because tomorrow is the start of my scrappin' retreat right here in my house!! They all start arriving at 10am tomorrow morning and will not be leaving until 5pm on Sunday - stampin', scrappin, wine, friends, good food, lots of laughing, oh, and did I mention stamping and scrapping, LOL!!!! You see, my birthday is on Monday and this is wanted I wanted for my birthday - so the kids are going over to their friends' houses and my dear, sweet husband is going over to hang out with his parents! How cool is that??!! I plan on making tons of cards as I have a whole list of peeps I want to send them too and I also want to get some scrappin' done - whoohooooo!!!! Soooo, let me get on with sharing this card with you so I can get to preppin' :-)  This card has already winged it's way to a friend of mine - I am trying to do better by sending out cards each month so as I make them, I decide who they are going to, and get them ready to mail out! Remember my card from yesterday?  Well, I decided to make a similar card with the Crumb Cake card stock (item 121029) base and the Crumb Cake circles adhered to give the card some cool texture - I like it! I sponged over the whole card with Crumb Cake classic ink(item 121030) too so that it softened up the card a bit.  And, I played with the Clearly For You stamp set(clear item 121976) out of the Occasions Mini - just look at those sweet, adorable little birdies!!!  They are just soooo stinkin' CUTE!!!!  I stamped them on Whisper White card stock(item 100730), punched it out with my 1 3/4 inch circle punch(item 119850), and then ran it through my Big Shot(item 113439) using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder(item 117335).  I then layered my image on a Not Quite Navy scalloped circle cut using my Extra Large Scallop Circle punch(item 119854), a Rose Red Circle cut using the 2 3/8 inch Circle punch(item 118874), and then cut out a piece of Springtime Vintage Designer Series paper(Occasions Mini item 121782) Big Shot 3 inch circle die (Occasions Mini item 122125).  I snipped the edges of the DSP circle to give it a fun, distressed look and I love it!  And, what card is complete without ribbon?  Not mine, LOL!  I used the Pretty in Pink wide striped grosgrain ribbon(item 119775) - sooooo yummy!!! Love the width of this ribbon and all the pretty colors it comes in! It just really adds pop to any project you are doing! Speaking of pop, that is what the Melon Mambo button(item 122302) does for this card!  It's from the new button mix in the Occasions Mini with lots of fun, bright colors that are perfect for brightening up your cards or layouts or whatever you are making *wink*  It's not an exact match for the Rose Red, but it actually works really well with it!  The Baha Breeze card stock(item 111352) has been punched using the Scalloped Trim border punch(item 118402), then softly sponged with the same color ink! Add the sentiment (and some bling, heehee!) and you are DONE!! A happy card - at least it makes me happy, lol! I hope it makes my friend happy too! I am really enjoying making and sending out cards, I don't know why I didn't do more of it before now! I am glad that was one onf my New Year goals because it makes me feel good to send something handmade to the special people in my life - and yes, most of you reading this are in that category! You are all wonderful, and have made this crazy craft passion that much better - soooo, don't be surprised if you open your mailbox one day and BAM! something from ME!!!  So, if there are any items I used here that you are ready to have RIGHT NOW (heehee, I KNOW it's not just me) you can order from my online store or you can email me and I will be happy to help you put your order in! And, don't forget - it's SALE-A-BRATION time, so with every $50 order you place, you get something FREE out of the SAB catalog - I love it!!!!! Now, off to get ready - full day ahead of me prepping for the weekend! I hope to share some fun things tomorrow while we are scrappin' so watch for the updates :-) Have a fabulous weekend and make sure you fit some time in for stampin'!!!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Crumb Cake, Baha Breeze, Rose Red, Whisper White card stock, Springtime Vintage Designer series paper
Inks- Baha Breeze, Crumb Cake classic inks
Stamps - Clearly for You, Your a Gem (sentiment)
Tools - Scalloped Trim border punch, 1 inch circle punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, 1 3/4 inch scallop circle punch, 2 3/8 inch scallop circle punch, 1 3/4 inch circle punch, 3 inch Big Shot circle die, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Accessories - Designer Big Buttons, Pretty in Pink wide striped grosgrain ribbon, twine, basic rhinestones

6 comments:

Crystal said...

This is FABULOUS!!!!

Yolanda said...

Very cute, and it sounds like your going to have an amazing weekend. I can't wait to see pictures of what you guys did. TFS.
yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Deb said...

gorgeous card, sounds like a perfect birthday present, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

kathleenh said...

Oh my word, this sounds like a fun weekend! Happy birthday Alex! Love the tone on tone circles on your backdrop, the banner, ribbon and button on your card.

Diane said...

Wow,that is one wild weekend you'll have,I'm going to ask that for my b'day one day too!!1
Sounds like a blast,wishing you a Very Happy B'day!!! Have fun with your peeps!!

Sandy's Stampin' Getaway said...

Very nice cards. I'm now following you. Check out my blog when you can. Sandy
sandysstampingetaway.blogspot.com