February 8, 2011

VALENTINE HEARTS

Hi all!! I had a wonderful birthday yesterday - thanks to all of you for the sweet birthday wishes, you really made me feel special :-)  And, my sweet, sweet husband made my whole day soooo nice - he made me dinner, a cake, a wonderful card, and he bought me a Keurig!!!!!  I am soooo excited, I have wanted one forever but did not want to spend the money, and now I have one - I love that man!!!! He is very special! Speaking of special, here is another card I made for him to let him know how much I love him.  It's a simple card but I just love this stamp called Be My Valentine(item 122045) from the Occasions Mini! I just love a La Carte stamps, sooo fun to be able to have some single stamps to play with!  I stamped it twice, once in Riding Hood Red Craft ink(item 119717, part of the stampin' spots regals collection) and once in Basic Black Craft ink(102192), covered them with clear embossing powder(item (109130), and used my heat gun(100005) to make them beautiful.  Then, I trimmed the banner out from the black image and popped it up with dimensionals(item 104430) over the red one - sooooo purdy!!!!   Here is a close-up of the image so you can see how pretty it looks all embossed!!!
 I paired the image with Love Letter Designer series paper(item 117162), which can be found in the main catty! I just love this - I recently had a vintage mini book class and we made a whole book with this paper and it turned out gorgeous!! I guess I should share some pics of THAT, lol!!!!  I did use some ribbon too - the Basic Black Satin(item 117285) and Very Vanilla satin(item 117291) look great together and just really add to this one! I topped off the card by adding a little Rhinestone bling(item 119246) to the image and lots of  basic pearls(item 119247) everywhere else!!  I mean, you get 150 of these beautiful embellies in every pack, and they come in three different sizes, all for $4.95 so you can use as many as you want, right??!!   Like I said, very simple to put together but I love how it looks, and I know he will too! Not too foofy, but still has that elegant feel that I think a Valentines card should have *wink*  I am loving all of our products for this season - just so much fun to play with!! And, if you feel the same way and want to have some of these in YOUR mailbox, then you can shop online in my online store or email me and I can put your order in as well!  Now, I am off to get my hair and nails done - it seems like it is harder and harder to keep up with things like that during these busy months, but hey, gotta look beautiful right, LOL??!!!  Have a wonderful day and I will be back tomorrow with something special to share with you! Until then, happy stampin'!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla card stock, Love Letter Designer Series Paper
Inks - Riding Hood Red and Basic Black Craft Inks
Stamps - Be My Valentine
Tools - Scallop Trim border punch, Heat Gun, Clear Embossing powder
Accessories - Basic Rhinestones, Basic Pearls, Basic Black and Very Vanilla satin ribbons

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Girl how do you come up with all these fabulous designs!! I LOVE this Valentine, sooo beautiful!

Yolanda said...

I really like what you came up with, and I'm glad you had such a great b'day, and now you get to get your hair and nails done! Wow, that sounds Heavenly! Now, for the "dumb" question, what is a keurig? I'm glad you got one since you really wanted it. Husbands can be so dang wonderful sometimes. TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Tracy.H said...

Really love this one, Alex! :0)

Angie Tieman said...

Lovely card! Fabulous colors!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How very pretty!