September 13, 2011

HOLIDAY MINI SPOTLIGHT SERIES - DAY SIX

Happy Tuesday!!! Well, I hope it will be anyway, lol!!! I got up this morning in a kind of funk - I am missing my oldest son!! I know it probably sounds silly, he has not lived at home for four years, BUT he has also lived across the country, and seeing him only twice a year doesn't seem quite fair! Hopefully I will get to see him at Christmas in between his training tracks.  Now that he is on Active Duty, we never know when we might see him *sigh* This getting older is not quite what it seems - I like having my kiddos at home :-) So, I am stamping today and listening to upbeat music, and making myself get out of the funk, lol!!!! Stamping REALLY makes me happy; I consider it my therapy - each box that comes in the mail is one of my sessions, lol!!! And, I have been having a LOT of sessions lately because I am IN LOVE with the Holiday Mini products and keep ordering more :-) Especially the Spice Cake Suite - YUMMY!!! So, I am sharing that AGAIN today - no worries, you get something different tomorrow, heeheee! However, I have been working on my Fall FoliageMore Mustard, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Mini Book Class for this Friday so I wanted to give you a sneak peek at that book - I can't show you the whole thing until after the class in deference to those who have paid to take it :-) It is a 6x6 Accordion Mini book, and sooo cute and full of fall goodness.  It is my favorite time of year so I have enjoyed stamping with all the new fall products! This picture is of the cover of the book!! I think is screams fall, don't you??!! I used the Spice Cake Designer Series paper to create the border around the outside.  I made this using the Scallop Square die on my Big Shot - this is the outside once the square is cut out! And, of course I used the leftover square elsewhere *wink*  The center square is Naturals Ivory.  I cut out the square, and then used my corner rounder on the edges, sponging it with Soft Suede classic ink.  The sentiment is from the Hostess Stamp Set Faith in Nature and can be found in the Main Catalog.  See that giant button??!! Isn't the biggest button you have seen for scrapbooking or cardmaking?? It is for me!! I love buttons of all shapes, sizes, colors - you name it! Soooo, when I saw these in the Holiday Mini, I just knew I had to have them! They are called Spice Cake buttons and you get 16 of these beauties in four different colors that all coordinate with the beautiful patterned paper - YUMMO!!! And, at $7.95, you CANNOT beat that bargain :-) I used the Pool Party button and laced it with some of the Spice cake fabric - Looooove it!!! I adhered the button to the cover over the French Foliage background words - this set is also super cute and can be found in the Main Catalog as well! Lastly, the leaves! I am really having fun with the Gently Falling stamp set from the mini - I have made lots of leaves in different fall colors - they never turn out the same! I stamped these on Naturals Ivory card stock, then used  and Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Soft Suede, and Pool Party  classic inks to make the beautiful color mix you see on these leaves.  Then, I just cut them out and adhered them to the cover using a mix of snail and dimensionals so the leaves look like they are scattered on the cover. As you can see, the book is held together using More Mustard scalloped Polka Dot ribbon - soooo pretty!! The pages inside this beautiful mini are full of mini goodness, and lots of our fall products from the main catalog as well! If you are interested in taking this class, please contact me ASAP as I still have a few seats available!! Not local, but want the kit?? The kit is available for $49 plus shipping, and all the cut work and stamping is done, you just assemble the book using the full color directions that will come with it!!!  This is a GREAT value as this mini book has over 10 pages!! For information on purchasing the kit, please contact me and I will send it to you!! And, if you want to order the products you see here, you can do so using my online store, or by contacting me as I will be happy to place your order for you!  So, I am spending the day getting ready for a workshop tomorrow - so excited to stamp with this group of ladies because I only know a few of them, and that means, more stamping friends, whoohooo!!! I will be back tomorrow with my next installment of the Spotlight Series featuring some uber cute projects! Until then, have a fabulous day and take some time to create!!!!
Mini Book Cover Recipe:
Paper - Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory card stock, Spice Cake Designer Series Paper
Inks - More Mustard, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Cajun Craze classic inks
Stamps - Gently Falling, French Foliage, Faith in Nature (hostess set)
Tools - Big Shot, Scallop Square Die, Corner Rounder
Accessories - Spice Cake buttons and fabric, More Mustard Scalloped Polka Dot ribbon

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Gorgeous Alex, I so love the bow inside of the button great touch!