March 21, 2008

SASSY TAKE TWO

Happy Friday - whoohoo!! This has been a long week with the kids all home clamoring for Spring Break attention - LOL! I don't mind really, I love spending time with them, and we have done some fun stuff! My daughter will actually be off for another week after this one and then, back to school! I decided I was not ready to put Suzie away and since I still had out all my scraps and my stamp set, I made another Sassy Suzie card. This set is too fun, I tell ya! I used a similar color scheme for this one, but pulled out more of the turquoise in the Dp. The base of the card is Creamy Caramel card stock, layered with Really Rust card stock. Then, I layered two pieces of the East Coast Prep Designer Series paper which I punched with my ticket corner punch. All the other paper is punched with my corner rounder punch. The main image is backed in Tempting Turquoise card stock and stamped using Black stazon ink on Whisper White card stock. I did do some paper piercing and stitching around both the image and the outside edges of the card. I colored in the image using my Stampin' Write Markers. The sentiment is stamped on Tempting Turquoise card stock in black stazon, and punched out using my key tag punch. I added a black brad and popped it up on dimensionals. In the top corners, I added my jumbo pewter eyelets (love them!!) and threaded Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon since it is the closest thing I have to Really Rust and I think it actually looks fine. Lastly, I added two build-a-brads which I made using the flip side of the East Coast dp on the card. This is fun set to play with and see myself making lots of cards with it! Enjoy your Friday and your Easter weekend!!!

27 comments:

Tracy.H said...

So cute, Alex!

Enjoy your time with this kids. I am hoping it will stay somewhat nice here so that we can get out...even just in the backyard...and enjoy some outdoor time this week! :0)

Deborah said...

Love Sassy Take Two! With my Starbucks in hand and this card, I am waking up with a smile finally! Slow strating today! LOL! Hnag in with the kiddies, happy Easter weekend! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

You know how to work that girl! Great card!
Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann said...

This is soooo cute, Alex! I love all of your details too!!

pescbrico said...

Love that Sassy! Great card!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

So fun Alex! Love the colors and the layout. I love all the great details too, thse brads, and the eyelets and ribbon. Nice job! Have a great weekend. :)

Amber Porter said...

Super cute, as always!! Suzie definitely is sassy!! LOL! Me and the kids have been on spring break this week too. It's been so great staying up late watching nick at night with the kids and sleeping in every morning! AAAHHHHH, Monday morning is gonna be a little rough though!! LOL!

Kelly said...

So cute!! great sassy card!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That sentiment CRACKS me up! Love these sassy cards! GREAT color scheme! Enjoy the time off with the kids! We just started spring break today! Yahoo!!

Dawn said...

This card is toooo fun! Love the colors.

Lesli said...

Great Alex - I love how you make that stamp so fun!

Alhambra Club said...

She is too cute, love this stamp the colors you used on this card are great. Have a good time with the kids.

Manna said...

Fab card, Alex! Love all the details!

Ila said...

Another Fabulous card with this set...love it!!

My Paper World said...

So colourful and so much fun Alex!
I Love ya sassy card!
Have a great weekend!
Nicola xx

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable card, Alex! Sounds like you've had fun spending time with the kids!

Diane said...

She's too cute !!! Enjoy all the time with the kids!!

Anonymous said...

That stamp set is too funny! Your cards came out wonderful and I love the colors you used! Have a wonderful break with your kids! ;)

Shannon McGann said...

This one is fantastic too! Love those jumbo eyelets! :)

joslyn said...

lovin the sass. great job again.

Heather P. said...

This card is SOO cute! Love the colors. :)

Anonymous said...

you soooo sassy girl. very cute!

Natalie said...

Such a great card. x

Dawn Easton said...

Girl, you rocked this card! LOOK at all the details...wow! Fabulous!

kathleenh said...

Pretty color combo! I like the stitching around Suzie too.

dasimonds said...

Another Cute Sassy Card!!
Great Design...and colors.
Pretty papers.

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Lovely card and great blog.xx