March 22, 2008

BEATES WEEKEND SKETCH CHALLENGE

Good morning all! Well, I decided I wanted to get Beate's sketch done earlier than usual so I went ahead and did it last night - I loved this sketch, it was fun to play with! I had not broken out my Always Stamp Set yet so I decided I wanted to use that one for this challenge because it has so much in it. I love this set and will need to play with it more - especially that bird! But, for this one, I went with the heart and I am glad I did, I am happy with how this turned out. I was shooting for a little bit of elegance with this one so I decided to use Basic Black card stock for the base, layered that with Real Red card stock, and then Whisper White card stock. I double stitched around the outside two layers, did a single stitch around the inner layer, and then sponged it all in both Basic Black and Real Red classic ink. The image itself is also layered in Basic Black, Real Red, and stamped on Whisper White. All my layers are punched using the Ticket Corner Punch. I also did some stitching around the image layers, again sponging with Basic Black and Real Red Classic Ink. The heart is stamped in Real Red Craft Ink, and embossed using Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder which really makes the image pop (but makes it hard to take a picture, LOL!) For the corners, I used Vintage brads which I love. I added a piece of Real Red grosgrain ribbon and stamped the sentiment on Whisper White card stock in Real Red Classic Ink. I punched it out with my 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch, layered it on Basic Black card stock, which was punched using my 1 3/8 inch Circle Punch, and then popped up on dimensionals. That's it! Totally had fun putting this one together as I jammed to some tunes my oldest son downloaded for me. It makes me think of him and smile, knowing he did it because he was thinking of ME - not bad for a teenage boy, huh?!! Well, that's it for me today, I am taking the kids bowling and then preparing food for tomorrow. We are having dinner at my SILs house and everyone will be bringing stuff which makes it nice. So, enjoy the rest of your weekend and I will see you all on Monday when I have something fun to share! Happy Easter!

27 comments:

Lou Sims said...

Very striking card card. Love the composition -really stunning.

Nikki Bond said...

What a beauty!!! I can't believe this is the first time you used your Always set!{grin} This heart looks amazing embossed in red! Great card Alex!!! Have a wonderful Easter with your family! {SMILEs}

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Gorgeous card! It's so striking! Happy Easter! Beautiful? You called me beautiful!? Woohoo Alex, you have boosted me ego big time today. There will be no living with me today!! Hee hee!! Enjoy your time with your family!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Supposed to be "my ego", not "me ego"!! See, I was giddy with the compliment, and my fingers weren't working correctly!!

pescbrico said...

Love the colors and this heart is so cool! :)
Have a wonderful Saturday.

Jackie said...

fantastic I love your blog too keep up the good work

Deborah said...

This layered beauty is full of love! Have a fabulous Easter ALex! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Alex, the card is gorgeous! LOVE it!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable, will have to try that sketch :)

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous Alex!!!

Dawn♥ said...

OMG your card using Beate's sketch is dynamite. Love the colors! OH girl you do some amazing WORK! Keep it coming!

My Paper World said...

It's stunning Alex! I Love the pretty heart! xx

Heather P. said...

Oh, what a super pretty card! Love it, Alex!!

Tabitha said...

I just love all your cards!!!

Deb said...

Very pretty card Alex!

hope you have a great time with your family!

Lesli said...

Great card Alex - please send me your page - I would love to see your take on my challenge :)

Unknown said...

What a great card Alex!! Those colors are so fun - very cute! :)

Manna said...

Great card, Alex! Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

So pretty Alex! Love the embossed heart!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

Ana Baird said...

Fabulous card! Happy Easter!

Chris said...

very nice card. I hope that you are having a great weekend.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colors, they really pop. Beautiful heart too. Stunning. :)

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

This is lovely.Love the image.x

Shannon McGann said...

This is just stunning!

The Cryer Family said...

It's a great card! I'm wishing I got this set now...I only get the chance to buy Stampin Up infrequently... oh well!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful!! I love your embossed heart!!

Latisha said...

what a great card! Don't you just love the Always set...it doesn't get inked alot but I constantly stare at it. Thanks for all your support we are actually packing out ourselves...i know crazy. But I don't like the movers to touch my craft stuff. We found an apt downtown san diego, so I am happy about that. I just need to get busy and pack...I like breaks, moving hurts lol