June 5, 2007

MY FAVORITE CRAB!

I thought that I would share this birthday card that I made for one of my friends. I love this crab and starfish and have used them on many projects! This card was fun to make and brings a smile to my face because the crab completely cracks me up! So, here it is:

All products used are SU! unless otherwise noted. The base of the card is yoyo yellow which is stamped with the linen stamp in yoyo yellow ink. The strip across the top of the card is only orange, and I used the slit punch to make the scalloped edge which I then outlined with white gel pen. I then stamped my saying in black ink. I sponged real red and I stamped Mr. Crab in black Staz-on on whisper white cardstock and then used my blender pen and a very light coating of real red ink to color him in. I popped his eyeballs and his crabby claws to add some dimension and used fruitpunch stickles on his smile and claws. I then added the little birthday hat stamp. Then, four starfish and two seashells were stamped in black staz-on and accented with, yep, white gel pen (love that thing)! I decided it needed something more so I used my paper piercer along the base of the card and the white square and used my white gel pen and my real red marker to create the faux stitch look. Lastly, I used some only orange and yoyo yellow ribbon to top off the card. I hope you like it - I am very happy with how it turned out and think my girlfriend will love it! Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Now that is a VERY fun card!!! Love this Alex!

Vicki said...

Of course you used your crab set, lol. Great card. Love the colors and all the details. Remember, my birthday is Sept. 2nd!!!!