June 6, 2007

A LONG DAY AND A CARD FOR MOM

Gosh, today was a long day! Many of you may know that I am an active duty navy officer, but may not realize that I will be retiring Friday the 15th of June after 23 years. I am really excited about this because I will then be dedicating myself to my SU! business full time (can you stay stamp and scrap all day - yippee!) Of course, I will still have the kids, laundry, house chores, errands, and carpooling to and from various activities, BUT I will be able to have more time than I currently do since I do all that now PLUS work my full-time Navy job! So, I am looking forward to next Friday! The days are long right now though as I transition my job to someone new, try and finish up the last details needed for my retirement ceremony, AND complete all the paperwork the Navy requires before you pack up and go home. It will all be worth it though!

Today I thought I would share a card I recently made and plan on sending to my mom. She is one of my favorite people in the world and I hope she likes it! All products are SU! unless otherwise noted.
The card base is green galore which I wheel stamped with my petals wheel in the same color. Then I layered the card with a piece of gable green which I corner punched with one of my EK Success punches. I sponged gable green all over the background. I then stamped a bouquet of flowers from my Heartfelt Thanks set onto a piece of whisper white cardstock, softly sponged gable green all over it, and decided to try my hand at watercoloring. For my first attempt, I think it turned out pretty good :-) I used my color spritzer tool and colored in the flowers with yoyo yellow ink and slightly accented the flowers with only orange. The stems were colored in using green galore and gable green ink pads. The flowers themselves were stamped in green galore (I love this color!). The saying is stamped in glorious green with a stamp from the Love Matters Set (one of my favorites!) The oval was punched out of yoyo yellow cardstock using my small oval punch, placed on the card with dimensionals, softly sponged with green galore, and I handwrote MOM. I really hope she likes it! Have a great night - Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty card!!! Thanks for posting on my blog. You made my heart jump though when you couldn't believe Nathan is 6 months! He's actually only 2.5 BUT he's HUGE and wears 6 month sized clothes!!!! So glad you're in the blogging world! *HUGS TO YOU*

BarbK said...

Beautiful card you made for your Mom. I may have to CASE it. I've linked your blog on mine so I can come back.

Vicki said...

That's a beautiful card. I know your Mom will love it. I'm always amazed at all the detailing you do.