June 4, 2007

FIRST PROJECT POST - ALTERED CLIPBOARD

Since I recently had surgery on my right hand, I have not been able to do much of anything for the last three weeks and I have been going a little stir crazy. My doctor thinks I should be able to handle some crafting in about another week or so. With that in mind, I will post some projects that I have taught in some recent classes. This is a 12x12 clipboard ordered from Oriental Trading Company that I altered with paper and stamps. First, I painted the front and back of the board with apple barrel green craft paint. Then, I took a piece of SU! paper from the Dots&Dashes Series and cut it diagonally. I then used both of the diagonals and cut them again, making to large triangles for the bottom and two smaller ones for the top. I adhered the paper using modge. Then, using the SU! Doodle This and Doodle That Set (love, love these stamps!), I stamped (using black STAZON) a large doodle above both large triangles of paper and one smaller one in the upper right. I then adhered four prima flowers to the left side, securing the smaller flower to the larger one using SU! green galore brads. Using icicle and orange stickles, I added some POP to my stamped images. I then covered the whole board in modge podge front and back to seal everything. Once dried, I added a chipboard 'n' (for notes, ya know) which was painted with apple barrel orange craft painted and then used my Doodle This stamps and stickles to decorate. I added some Green galore buttons on each triangle, and topped it all of with Su! Turquoise, Tangerine, and Apple Green Grossgrain Ribbon. Voila! Done - this was a big hit with my gals and we had a lot of fun doing them! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I love your alter clipboard. The colors are awesome. I look forward to seeing lots more of your projects.

Corie said...

Love the colors

Unknown said...

More Help gucci replica handbags this page replica bags online helpful site luxury replica bags