September 1, 2011

A LITTLE BIT OF SPICE

Good morning everyone!!!!  WHOOHOOO!! Today is an exciting day! Why you ask?  Because today is the FIRST DAY OF THE NEW HOLIDAY MINI!!!!!  I am in LOVE with this mini - it has soooo many fabulous new products in it, I just squeal with joy each and every time I go through it - and believe, me, I look at it a lot, LOL!!!  If you don't have a copy of this fabulous mini and want one of your very own, contact me and I will get one out to you right away! In the meantime, if you click the image in my right sidebar, it will take you right to  my site and the mini products :-) You DO NOT want to miss out on seeing all the fall and holiday goodness available!
I thought you might want to see some of these products today, so I am sharing a wonderful little gift set I made using the Spice Cake product Suite - soooooo YUMMY!!!!!!  The color combination of Soft Suede, More Mustard, and Pool Party are just amazing together - I can't seem to get enough of playing with this paper, lol!!! I made a card and gift box for someone special who needs a little lift so I hope she likes it as much as I do.  The box was made using one of the new products available in the mini - four Kraft gift boxes in one pack for only $2.95 - this is a GREAT deal!  I decorated the outside of the box and the inside flaps with the yummy new Spice Cake Designer series paper.  Then, I wrapped a piece of Pool Party ruffled ribbon around the box and tied a bow in front.  Honestly, it does not need anything else, the paper is so beautiful it can stand on it's own :-) So, I saved my embellishing for the top of the box!
Here is a close-up of the top of the box! I used Pool Party card stock to cover the top - this blends so nicely with the patterned paper, I just love it! I then added two punched pieces of patterned paper using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch - soooo pretty! I then added an accordion flower made from another piece of Spice Cake, and decorated the top with two punched circles of card stock and a pretty Soft Sued button with a linen thread bow threaded through it.  With my love for banners, I could not resist adding one so I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Greetings Stamp Set, sponged it with More Mustard classic ink, and added a cute little vintage brad!  I just love this box, and I know I am now hooked on making them, so stand by for more of these little cuties, lol!! Now, on to the card!
I used the same colors on the card, adding a Soft Suede base. The More Mustard layer I ran through the Big Shot using the Houndstooth embossing folder, and then sponged it all over with More Mustard ink. All my papers were distressing using our distressing tool - great tool that I use a lot! The image is from one of our new Holiday Mini stamp sets called Always Thankful - beautiful images in this set! I used my stampin' markers to color the image, stamped it, then spritzed it with some water to give it a nice watercolor feel! And, that beautiful fabric on the side is from our new Spice Cake fabric selection, which is absolutely beautiful!! The sentiment is another one from the Happy Greetings set, which can be found in the main catalog. Honestly, it has the best sayings, I use this one a lot! I made another banner (I know, I know, heeehee) using Naturals Ivory card stock, then used my Mat Pack to add some texture along the top.  It is held on the card using one of our cute little mini library clips - aren't they just so fun??! I had a ball making this gift set, which will be filled with some goodies and delivered to my friend today! And, I am loving the holiday mini so much that I will be doing a Product Spotlight each day of the rest of this week and into next week to show off all of this holiday goodness!! I know this is a long post, but I had a lot so show you so if you stuck through it all, you ROCK!!! And, if you can't wait to get your hands on these fun and fabulous products, head on over to my online store and they will be on their way to you soon! Or, you may contact me and I will put your order in for you!  I will leave you with the recipe, and I will be back tomorrow with another fabulous project from our new mini catalog! Until then, I hope you find time to be creative!
Gift Set Recipe:
Paper - Pool Party, Soft Suede, More Mustard, Naturals Ivory card stock, Spice Cake Designer Series paper
Inks - Soft Suede, Pool Party, More Mustard, Always Artichoke classic pads and markers
Stamps - Everyday Greetings, Always Thankful
Tools - Dotted Scalloped ribbon border punch, 1 1/4 inch and 1 inch circle punches, Curly Label punch, Big Shot, Houndstooth embossing folder, distressing tool, Mat Pack, Paper piercer
Accessories - Spice Cake fabric, designer buttons, vintage brads, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, linen thread, mini library clips, Kraft Gift Box

No comments: