September 2, 2011

IT'S A MINI BUT A GOODIE

Happy Friday everyone!!! This week really flew by, I can't believe it is already the long weekend! Tony and I are going away for a much needed couples weekend and we are really looking forward to it! We really don't get very much time alone with two teens - they do their own stuff, but still need us around to take them, give them money, remind them of homework, chores, etc.  You get the picture, lol! So, I am excited but have TONS to do today before we leave!  However, I did not want to leave without sharing a cute little mini layout  I recently did at a workshop.  I like to teach 6x6 layouts because if they have never scrapbooked before, it does not seem so overwhelming, and I usually show them how they can "grow" the layout into a 12x12 *wink*  The base of this layout is the new in-color Island Indigo, and I love the deep, rich blue of this color! The accent colors are River Rock and Cherry Cobbler with some Timeless Portrait patterned paper used with the Lace Border Punch.  I love using this punch with patterned paper, it always comes out looking so very pretty!  That fabulous, giant stamp in the corner is called Hello Doily, and is fast becoming a favorite for me! The sentiment is from the stamp set Language of Friendship, a beautiful set that allows you to use our punches on everything stamp in there! I used the Decorative Label Punch and popped it up on dimensionals over a piece of Victorian Lace ribbon - total YUM! The pretty border on the Cherry Cobbler strip was made using the Scallop border punch, and adds some softness to the layout.  Simple, but pretty, right??! I love doing 6x6 layouts, they are quick, and you usually can create an album in a small amount of time.  Love that! So, if you want to have any of these products, all you have to do is go to my online store and shop  your heart out! Or, you can contact me and I will be happy to take your order! Now, I am off to get ready for my weekend with the love of my life! I hope you all enjoy the long weekend! Don't forget, all next week I will be doing Product Spotlights featuring projects using all New Holiday Mini items so make sure you check in and see them! I would love to know you stopped by, so leave me a comment :-) Happy Stamping!!
Layout Recipe:
Paper - Island Indigo, River Rock, Cherry Cobbler, Naturals White card stock, Timeless Portrait Designer Series Paper

Inks - Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler classic inks
Stamps - Hello Doily, Language of Friendship (sentiment)
Tools - Lace Border Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Corner Rounder, Designer Label Punch, Dimensionals
Accessories - Designer Buttons, Victorian Lace ribbon

2 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

This is really cute! I recently did my first 6x6 layout and loved working in the smaller size :) I'm following your blog now from SC!!

Lesli said...

I love this card Alex - so excited everything is going well for you! What do I need to do if I want to order some Stampin' Up?