August 5, 2011

DREAMIN'

I can't believe it is Friday night already - Sheesh!! I promise I have not forgotten about all of you, I just have been working on projects that I cannot share just yet, but will soon :-) I have been in my stamp room most of the week working away - don't you feel sorry for me, lol??!!  I LOVE my job, so much fun!! My stamp room is not looking so pretty right now, but I made lots of pretty things IN it *wink* And, I want to share one of them with you - it's the Canvas from the Vintage Summer Canvas class I taught last week.  It is one of my favorite classes to teach, I just love watching people get so excited about the piece of art they have created! I have these hanging all over my house, and they sure do make beautiful gifts as well!  I actually am going to share two versions because I did the male version and the female version so my customers could choose depending on the pics they brought! I will share my male version with you tomorrow!!  This first one is of my daughter - this is on the ship tour we took in the Harbor when we were in Annapolis this past May. I just loved capturing her in this moment - my heart melts when I look at this because I can still see my little girl in there underneath all that teen attitude, lol!  We used the Beau Chateau Designer Series paper, sooo pretty and perfect for this project! We also used some of the brushed silver card stock and punched a beautiful lace border for the picture using the Lace Border punch! The letters were cut using my Big Shot and the Serif Essentials Alphabet - they are mirrored letters using Blushing Bride and the Brushed Silver card stock and they look fabulous together!! That pretty little journaling note is one of the many that you can get in the new Beau Chateau Side Notes pack - you get TONS of different choices, and they are all soooo pretty! I did very little journaling, just enough to remind me of where she was that day.  My customers really liked the journaling addition as it is the first time we have really done any journaling on our canvases so I may have to keep doing that :-)  The stamp set we used is called Creative Elements and I am totally in love with this set, it has so many beautiful images in it, and they all scream vintage!! We used the butterfly and the pretty flower, both which we stamped twice, cut out, and popped up! The flower is actually trimmed to the inner piece on the second layer and then a pretty vintage brad is added to the middle, making it really dimensional.  To finish off our canvas, we added a lace border with Victorian Lace ribbon and Marina Mist satin ribbon, which we layered together and then added buttons to give it some depth.  Lastly, we created a beautiful flower out of the Beau Chateau fabric and the Flower Folds die on the Big Shot - lots and lots of layers, but it really came out gorgeous!
 Here is a close-up shot of how pretty this flower really is!!I just love how all of our products coordinate to make gorgeous creations - and they mix and match so well that they are all fun to play with!   I loved all the beautiful canvases - no matter whether they use the same stamps or colors, the pictures make them each unique so it is always fun to see everyones finished projects! I am excited to share my male version - I think you will love that one too *wink* If you love the products you see here and want them all for your very own, you can order them all in my online store or contact me and I will be happy to take your order for you! And remember, right now is our big paper pack sale - buy three, get one free so it is a PERFECT time to stock up on all of our beautiful papers!  And now, I have to go and pretend I am cold because I am stamping Christmas cards for a Stamp a Stack on Monday -  very hard to do August in California :-) I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I will be back tomorrow with the other canvas to share but until then, stamp something!!
Canvas Recipe:
Paper - Marina Mist, Blushing Bride, Brushed Silver card stock, Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper
Inks - Marina Mist, Blushing Bride classic inks, Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker (journaling)
Stamps - Creative Elements
Tools - Big Shot, Serif Essentials Alphabet dies, Flower Folds die, Lace Border Punch, Eyelet Border Punch
Accessories - Victoria Lace Ribbon, Marina Mist Satin Ribbon, Beau Chateau side notes and fabric, vintage brads, designer buttons 

2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great canvas art. Sounds like you really had fun with this class. TFS.

Jessie/knightrone said...

How gorgeous! Love that photo!