August 6, 2011

DREAMIN TAKE TWO

Good morning all! I hope you are enjoying your weekend whatever you are doing :-) Today Kayla and I are going to repaint/redecorate her bathroom - she wants a very pale purple and gray - sooooo pretty! Right now it is a gold color and decorated in sea life so it will be a big change, lol!  I will take pics when we are done - everything has already been taken out of it, but I can do the before and after I think *wink* She is very excited, so I am excited to be doing it with her!! But, I did promise to share with you the male version of the Dream Canvas I shared yesterday - this one is of my son when we were in Fort Bragg.  He was standing on this huge rock formation just looking out at the water, and I had to take the picture! I LOVE how it turned out, shows Tyler's contemplative side, which we don't see very often as he is a big jokester :-)  As you can see, the layout is very similar to the one I did of my daughter, just a few things moved around to accommodate the picture, and of course the colors are different -more masculine! The letters are cut out on the Big Shot with the Serif Essentials alphabet but this time using Soft Suede and the Brushed Gold card stock - love it! The lace border is also cut out in the Brushed Gold, and added to the border of the pic, which really draws your eye to it!  The patterned paper is Beau Chateau, but the negative sides of the paper are used as they have a more masculine look and feel to them.  The ribbon is Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon with an overlay of Soft Suede Taffeta - yummy combo!!! The stamp set used is called The Open Sea - fitting, right??  I stamped the ship and the compass in Versamark, added gold embossing powder, and heat set them with my heat gun. Then, I just cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals.

Here is a close-up of the ship so you can how nice the embossed gold looks - I love it!  The chipboard is from my stash and is sponged with Soft Suede classic ink.  There are bitty buttons down the side of the lacy ribbon border, and then some Early Espresso twine on the side to give some visual interest.   I love how this one came out too, and will have to decide where I want these two to hang because they need to be seen, lol! I hope you enjoyed seeing both versions of this canvas, and if you love the products and want them NOW, you can order them in my online store or contact me and I will be happy to help with an order *wink*  I will be teaching a similar class in September so if you are interested in making a canvas, watch for the schedule and get signed up because this class always fills!!  Now, I am off to put on my painting duds and get to painting with my daughter!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend - be back on Monday with something cute to show you, but until then, STAMP SOMETHING :-)
Canvas Recipe:
Paper - Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Brushed Gold card stock, Beau Chateau designer Series Paper
Inks - Soft Suede classic ink and Stampin' write marker
Tools - Lace Border punch, Eyelet Border punch, Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Versamark, Big Shot, Serif Essentials Alphabet
Accessories - Early Espresso bakers twine, Soft Suede taffeta ribbon, Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon, designer buttons, bitty buttons, chipboard