July 29, 2011

A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY

Happy Friday all!!! I am so glad it is Friday - I am ready to spend some time with my husband :-) I feel like we have been high fiving in the doorway as we both are rushing around to and from work, kids events, errands, etc.  I am teaching tomorrow but Sunday we are going to take the boat out and have some fun on the lake, and I am very much looking forward to that!!! Saturday my daughter is also participating in a very special birthday event for one of her best friends - a Quinceanera.  This is a special party that is celebrated in the Hispanic culture for girls who turn 15.  Sort of like a sweet sixteen party :-)  So, Kayla asked me if I would make her a card (of course!) for her birthday, and so I decided to use one of the fun stamp sets I purchased from our Spanish catalog.  Many of the sets are the same, just the sayings are in Spanish; however, there are some sets we don't have and this is one of them! It is specifically for this special event, and so it was perfect for making the card!  My daughter's dress is gorgeous - it is coral in color with sparklies all through it, just a beautiful dress! The birthday girl is wearing a white dress with coral accents, so I thought our new in-color Calypso Coral was perfect! This is a square card, which is probably my favorite size card to make.  I used the new patterned paper called Domestic Goddess, I just loved the pretty flowers and colors of this particular pattern! I used my Scallop Trim border punch on both sides as well as the patterned paper strip going across the middle of the card. All the images are from the stamp set Quinceanera, which can only be found in the Spanish version of the catalog - if you want to see it, you can click on the image in my sidebar the right, and it will take you directly to the catalog :-) I stamped the pretty birthday girl in stazon, then accent colored the dress with my Calypso Coral stampin' marker.  I used my two-way glue pen and my dazzling diamonds glitter to make the dress and crown all pretty and sparkly just like the dress she is going to wear!  Can you see how pretty it looks? If you click on the pic it should make it bigger - it is soooo sparkly IRL, I just love it!  The ribbon is the new Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, which is available in all our new in-colors.  It is soooo pretty! The sentiment is also stamped in Stazon, punched out, and mounted on a Calypso Coral scallop circle, then popped up with dimensionals.  I am very happy with how this turned out! However, since this is a special card, I also had to do the inside because I wanted the card to look finished, lol!
So, here is a pic of what I did to the inside of the card! I stamped the crown, flowers,  and the word in Stazon, and again accented with the Calypso Coral marker, but I also added some rhinestones to the crown and the flowers on the bottom as well! I think every girl deserves a little bling, don't you *wink*  so, there is plenty of room left for Kayla to write her secret birthday message to her friend (I was not allowed to see it, lol) and my daughter loved the card as well! So, that means I was successful because if I can get the 14-year old stamp of approval, I am good! If you like this set, you can order from the Spanish catalog in my online store as well! Or, you can contact me and I can assist you in putting your order in! I will leave the recipe below so you have all the pretty ingredients in one spot, and again, if you have questions, please feel free to ask! I am now off to prep for tomorrow's canvas class, which is one of my favorite classes to teach! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and get some time to be creative!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Calypso Coral, Whisper White card stock, Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper
Stamps - Quinceanera (from the Spanish version of our catalog)
Inks - Calypso Coral stampin write marker, Black Stazon ink
Tools - Scallop Trim Border Punch, 1 3/8 inch Circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, mat pack and paper piercer, two-way glue pen
Accessories - Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon, basic rhinestones

2 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful. I'm sure she will love it.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome!