March 1, 2010

STAMPIN' CONNECTIN SKETCH CHALLENGE SIX

Happy Monday All!! WOW! I sure had a busy weekend with lots of stampin' events going on, but it was fun!! I mean, I stamped all weekend long with other ladies who like to stamp, what more could I ask for, right, LOL?!  But, I have to say, I am tired as there were lots of late nights and early mornings getting ready as tend to leave some things until the last minute *wink*  But, it is MY turn to host the sketch this week over at Stampin' Connection so I thought I would share with you all today. I used my Simply Scrappin' Guest Book Scraps that I had left over from one of the classes I did this weekend to make my sketch card because I am in love with the papers in this scrappin' kit!!! I just love the colors and the designs!!! And, I think it makes any project you do turn out so elegant.  Pair it with some taffeta ribbon, Swiss dots dry embossing, and the Big Shot Butterfly die cut, and done! 
 So, here is the sketch I designed for this week's challenge - yes, I know I changed up my own sketch a bit, I tend to do this a lot, LOL!! But, the basic elements are still there, I just added a layer!  Feel free to play along and if you are a demonstrator, make sure you go over to the site and upload your take on it so we can all see!!!  Now, I am off to take care of some paperwork (uggghhh.....) and then get ready for another workhop.  Thanks for stopping by, I really love it when you do!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Black, Very Vanilla card stock, Guest Book Designer Series Paper
Inks - Basic Black Classic Ink
Stamps - Whimsical Words
Accessories -Sizzix Swiss Dots Embossing folder, Butterfly Sizzix Big Shot Die, Scalloped Edge Corner Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon

18 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Alex what an elegant card...LOVE your corners and your take on this sketch1!!! SOOOO beautiful!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous card Alex...you did fabulous with this sketch! Love the elegance! {SMILES}

Risa said...

What a gorgeous card Alex,your detailing is fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)

mudmaven said...

Oh Alex - I just love this! Very beautiful and elegant. I might just have to use this sketch for a future stamp camp project. ~chris

Dani said...

This is gorgeous, girl!

Cindy Haffner said...

So CLASSY Alex!

Tracy.H said...

This is very pretty, Alex!! :0)

Diane said...

Absolutley gorgeous Alex!

Ilene said...

Another gorgeous card! And I love the sketch. I have never made a sketch before! BTW, thanks for wishing me well with the submission, I so hope you're right :)

Shannon McGann said...

This is stunning! I love the butterfly!

CanadianScraps43 said...

So glad to see that you are getting your mojo back Chickie! Love this card! So elegant! You do amazing work!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I really love the black/cream color combination! Nice card. Love the butterfly!

kathleenh said...

I don't think I have ever seen anything made with this Simply Scrappin' kit. This is gorgeous!

jjcreations said...

Oh I absolutely adore black and white cards - this is fantastic. I love that butterfly too!!!!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Oooo fun sketch Alex, will have to check out the Stampin Connection! Love the pretty color combo and the detailed corners. Fab accent with the butterfly! :)

Marisa said...

Love the corners! I just got that punch and can't wait to use it. Great use of the sketch and once can't go wrong with B & W :D

Elizabeth said...

Love what you did with this layout! great job!!

- Elizabeth

Rose Ann said...

Very elegant and beautiful, Alex!! Love your corners and butterfly!