February 25, 2010

MAKIN' USE OF THOSE SCRAPS!

Hi All!  I have another busy day ahead of me....I am trying to figure out how I ever went to work, LOL!  So, I am making a quick post and then I am off to the lawyer's office to sign the final settlement on the house - WHOOOOHOOOO!!! Yep, after 2.5 years, WE WON and we will now be able to fix all the defects left by the bad builder!! We are really excited because it will all be done by the summer which means we can put the new deck and stuff in and enjoy the good weather when it finally gets here!! So, there is a smile on my face today :-)  Okay, on to the reason you stopped by, LOL!  Today's card is based on the Sweet Sunday Sketch and it gave me a great excuse to use up some of my scraps that I have soooo many of!!!  I loved the layout of this sketch, it is really fun to play with!! I used my yummy Sending Love Specialty Designer Paper which is still available in the mini catty; I just love all the sparkles and embossing this paper has!!!  I also used my Scalloped Edge Border Punch and made another one of those fun flowers!!  It came together pretty quickly and I am happy with it!!  I really loved this sketch so I just may make another card *wink*  But, now I am off to meet my handsome hunk of a man and go to the lawyers!!! Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!!!
Card Recipe: 
Paper - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Regal Rose card stock, Sending Love Designer Series Specialty Paper
Inks - Chocolate Chip classic inks
Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories - Scalloped Edge Border Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch,. 1 3/8, 1, and 3/4 inch Circle Punches, Chocolate Chip corduroy button

21 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Such good news on the house! Yahoo!!! Awesome card...I love scraps but don't use them often enough! Beautiful card!!

Dawn Easton said...

Congrats girl!!

Your card is awesome! I love that border punch, think I'll be ordering stuff from SU! soon!! Great flower too!! I loved this sketch for the use of scraps...hehe!

Diane said...

Such a beautiful way to use your scraps Alex! Looks gorgeous!
Way to go on winning your case!!!
Woohoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just gorgeous!! What a brilliant way to use up those scraps sweetie!! I love it!! HUGS

kathleenh said...

Great use of those scraps! This paper is so pretty you want to use every last bit!

Dani said...

Yay about the house! :)
Love your card too, great job using those scraps!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal said...

WOOOHOOOO Alex what an AWESOME design love how you used the dp!! That flower looks AWESOME TOO! hope you are having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jjcreations said...

Congratulations!! And....your card for this challenge is great. Those papers work so perfectly!!!!

a portland granny said...

These last two cards are so lovely...and great idea for using up the scraps!

I see you are very successfully using the new punch, as well as its corner punch!! I'm having a terrible time getting mine to look right! I think I may need lessons....or more patience!!

Great news on your home--what a burden must be lifted..and how nice to be able to go on with your plans.

Risa said...

What a fantastic use of scraps Alex, your card is gorgeous! I love your DP and your flower is fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)

corinnesomerville said...

How stinkin' cute is this !!!! Way to go, kiddo !!

Thanks for all your love and support lately...I love you !!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so beautiful, Alex!! I love the papers, and your flower is fabulous!!

Congrats on your settlement!! So happy for you!!

Lauren said...

This is so pretty Alex! The flowers are gorgeous.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh that's great news, Alex! I'd be smiling ear to ear too.

Beautiful card!

Lyzzydee said...

Great Card!!

Ilene said...

Congrats on the win!! That's really awesome! And love the card and the cute flower. You are sooo good with cards, I need to pick up some tips from you. I can never make good cards, so I don't try too often :)

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card! Love it!

Sharon said...

Way to go!! I love the card, great use of scraps.

Christie said...

I love your card and I'm so glad that you won your case! Awesome!