August 28, 2008

TAMARA'S SKETCH CHALLENGE - MY NEW FAVORITE!

Hi all!! Yep, it's Thursday again and guess what that means?? Another fab sketch from Tamara!! And, this one is totally my favorite out of all the ones we have done so far! I just love the four images in the corner and can see me playing around and moving them around - totally fun!! I made this card for an upcoming Christmas card class that I am having - one down, fourteen to go, lol!!! But hey, it's a start, right? *wink* So, make sure you head over to see what the rest of the Design Team did - this is the last week for a lot of them, and we will have some brand new designers next week! So, go and give a shout out to the gals, their creations are fantabulous!!! And, if you do the sketch, make sure you upload the link to the site so Tamara can show off your creations and we can all ooh and aaah!!!! As for me, I spent the last day and night cutting card stock and getting ready for my Cards for the Troops Event this afternoon! I am a little nervous as I am going to be by myself so I have decided to set it up in stations to make it easier on me AND them, lol!! Since I can display my stuff, I have chosen all the upcoming classes that I have and will have sign-up sheets available as well. I really hope this goes well, I think sometimes we build up our expectations and are inevitably let down by reality. I will let you know tomorrow how everything went!! Until then, here is the recipe for this card - toodles!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink, Naturals White card stock, Bella Rose Designer Series Paper
Inks - Riding Hood Red Classic Stampin' Pad
Stamps - Deer Friends, Holidays and Wishes
Accessories - 5/8 inch chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, button bouquet red button, ticket corner punch, scallop square punch, mini glue dots

30 comments:

Bunny B said...

That's so cute! :)

corinnesomerville said...

Love your card, sweetie !! Makes me wish Christmas was sooner....well then again...4 months is soon enough :) !!

Angie Tieman said...

This is solo cute! Love these Xmas ones with this paper!

Annapurna said...

The fog has been lifted :-) There is more clarity in the picture today.
Lovely card. I am liking the sketch. May be I should try it.

Scrappy Girl said...

Hope your event goes well. Love the card...that stamp set is adorable.

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my goodness Alex when I saw this on Tamara's blog this morning I instantly fell in love with the colors and images! You do such amazing work! :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

You're right, that's a wonderful sketch...and you did justice to it...way cute card!

Lauren said...

Fabulous job with the sketch Alex! Great colors.

Dani said...

Awesome job! I hope things go fantastic for you at your event! :)

Debbie Yates said...

I'm so impressed - working on Christmas already! Cute layout - may have to CASE this one- love it!Good luck on your event!!!

Melissa said...

Super cute Alex! Best wishes for today!

Many Blessings,
M.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love it Alex!!

Deborah said...

These petite Christmas squares are precious! Great sketch! You and pink are best friend for life! Hugs, Deb

Marilyn said...

I agree - what a great sketch this is - love the four corners in the corner - good luck with your cards for troop workshop - it'll be awesome!!

Catherine said...

Alex, love your new toy and love your card =)

Maureen said...

cute card! love the way you used the new square scallop! Hope all is going BETTE than you expected today...can't wait to hear all about it!!

((()))reen

ps when are we gonna see that convention scrap page with your "sign"!! LOL

Shannon McGann said...

AWESOME Christmas card! You're making me wish it was December already!

Krista B. said...

Love your card - love the stamps so adorable and the colors are beautiful! Love all your work : )

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable, Alex!! I love the colors and cute images!!

I hope everything went well tonight!! Hugs!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cute, wonderful job.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and yes please do my sketch you can use any stamps you want.

Carolyn King said...

totally fun sketch...love how you used it too..those images are perfect!

Anonymous said...

your on a roll hun, keep a rollin' sweet card!

Nikki Bond said...

Great card Alex! Love the DP with that set! {SMILES}

Michele Kovack said...

Love this sketch!!! I am always looking for ways to use my smaller stamps! Awesome card!!! (Even though I am not quite ready to think Christmas just yet! LOL!)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet design, Alex! Love the colors!

Kristie W. said...

I LOVE this card!! Great design for smaller stamps and a neat color combo for a Christmas card!

Manna said...

Ooooooh, love this layout! Awesome job, Alex!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous christmas card, I love the images and the colour is great. x

kathleenh said...

This is a great sketch! I love those little guys in the square scallop punch. Very cute! I'll have to give this one a try.

Marlou McAlees said...

hi Alex, :) this is a beautiful card, I just love it as I do all your work, you are very creative. Many thanks for your kind comments :) hugzz xx