August 23, 2007

MY LUV

I decided I needed to make a card for my awesome husband Tony. We have been living apart now since December and have only had a few very short visits in between. He moved out to CA to start his new practice and to supervise the building of our new home there while I remained (and still do until the end of Sept) in FL to let the kids finish the school year and to sell our house here. Well, I managed to get the kids taken care of but the house has still not sold. (if you know anyone looking for a house, I have one!!) So, it has been hard, but we have a great marriage (he is sooooo good to me) and I know that this will only make us stronger. I cannot WAIT to get out there and start this new chapter in our lives BUT I must sell the house and pack it up for the move across country before that happens. Anyway, I miss him terribly and so I decided to do a little card therapy (always works for me) and make him a card to let him know how very much I love and miss him! So, here it is! I used Groovy Guava for the base and the new designer paper Wanted - the mossy green is the flip side of the stripes and matches Mellow Moss Ink perfectly so that is what I used! The stamp sets are the Wild West Alphabet and the new Love and Joy out of the holiday mini. I also used my Marvy scalloped heat punch which I popped up on dimensionals, added some river rock ribbon, a matching button, and a copper brad to make it pop. I did paper pierce ( I seem to always do this because I can't sew and I love the effect!) and used the cross stitch on the smaller piece of paper which I outlined in Mellow Moss Marker. I rounded the corners of all the paper to gift it a softer look and I popped the U up on dimensionals after punching it out using my circle punch. Overall a very simple card, but it is supposed to be a card that says very Simply, LUV U! Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by to visit!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've added you to my reader! Great cards!

Bethy said...

I love Tony too.
Does he read your Blog?
I hope so.

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card, the color combo is great, yeah I love in South Florida unfortunately the market is pretty slow, hopefully you have a good agent who can get creative

kathleenh said...

Good luck in selling your house. You'll be with your honey soon! I like how you used the letters to spell out LUV.

Dawn Easton said...

Another fab card! I'm sure your husband will love it! Sorry to hear your house hasn't sold yet! Oh how I would love to buy it...LOL...we LOVE Florida! Unfortunately, it's only a place to visit for us. Hope it sells soon so you all can be together as a family again!!! Best of luck!!

BarbK said...

Beautiful card, Alex. It must be terribly difficult being apart for so long, but, it's almost over now. Great card and an extra number for you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Well no wonder you miss your darin' DH! This is just the perfect card to share the LUV!

Hang in there!
~Tex

Vicki said...

Nice card. He'll love it. I know you can't wait to get out to CA with your family but I'm gonna miss you sooo much.