August 21, 2007

ANOTHER CHALLENGE CARD

I decided that I better get busy on some of these challenge cards since I only have one number for Bingo - LOL! With the kids all gone, it has been nice to have some extra time to stamp so I am taking advantage of it! For this card, I decided to use my new stamp set Bronc Buster - yep, from Stampin Up! They have the greatest new sets in their new catalog - I can't seem to get enough of them! Anyway, I broke out the stamps and decided I wanted to make a square card since I really like the way these look. For the base I am using Groovy Guava from the new in-color paper collection - I love it! It is one of my ultimate favorite colors because I think it is so versatile! I added a piece of the designer paper Apple Cider from the Holiday Mini - simply yummy paper that I need more of! I stamped the images in chocolate chip onto the new in-color paper River Rock (another fave), and then cut three of the stars out, put a copper brad in the middle of each, and popped them up using dimensionals. I kind of off-centered them to make the stars draw out the flowers in the background paper. I added some small buttons to my main image and used the new photo corners punch and added a piece of chocolate chip and real rust paper with some brads. I thought this really added something to the whole card. I put a small dab of rust stickles on the main image star - I couldn't resist! I rounded the corners on all my paper and paper pierced and used faux stitching with the chocolate chip stampin write marker because, well, I love to.....Anyway, I digress.....here is the card, I really hope you enjoy it! I sure had fun making it! CYA tomorrow!

5 comments:

BarbK said...

You are definitely on a roll, Alex. This is wonderful. Like you, Groovy Guava is my fav as well. It goes with just about anything.

Vicki said...

You definately are on a roll. This card is so cool. I love how you used the corner punches and the stars.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the color and those stars

Heather P. said...

This is so cute! :)

Ashley said...

Very Very Pretty! I love the challenges! heheheh!!! Have a wonderful week! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com