February 9, 2012

PSSSSTTTTT...........LOVE YOU! :-)

Happy Thursday stampers!!! It is a beautiful day here in Northern California - I swear, winter is skipping us completely this year! It is like a Spring day out there, full of sunshine and already feeling warm :-) I don't really mind, I happen to not be a huge fan of winter, lol!! So, I am planning on spending at least a little time outdoors today so I can soak up some sun! I will probably take a stamp project out to the patio and enjoy the weather AND some stamping :-) I plan on getting a lot of stamping done over the next five days as my husband is leaving for a long weekend golfing trip with one of his best friends. I will miss him BUT that DOES mean I can hang out in my stamp room for hours and hours without feeling guilty - the kids have their own lives, so that is what I am going to do, lol! Today I want to share another sweet card that I made using the PS I Love You set from the Occasions Mini catalog.
I totally love that little Cupid stamp in this set, and seem to use it a LOT :-) You have to admit, he IS cute, lol! This is a card I actually made for my husband to celebrate a special day of ours in January. Our official anniversary is in May, but we do have one in January that is just ours *wink* so this is what I gave to him. It is simple but pretty without being too frilly. I used some greys and blacks to make it a little more masculine, but I could not resist using a little bit of ribbon too!  I also did a bit of embossing - the hearts were stamped in Calypso Coral ink and then I used my Versamark Pen and clear embossing powder to make them all shiny and purdy :-) I also love this heart image because I can punch them out using the Full Heart Punch - makes is so very easy! The sentiment is also from this same stamp set - in fact, this is one of my favorite stamp sets because it has so many sentiments to choose from!  The little hearts along the bottom of the card are a really fun border stamp, I love the little accent it provides here!
I also used some of the fabulous embossed patterned paper from the Sweet Shop series, also in the Occasions Mini. Such fun papers - not really a traditional Valentines or Anniversary paper, but these hearts are puffy and oh so cute, so I decided that for this card, it would be, heeheee! There are some really cute and fun papers in this set, and a couple of the others patterns are also embossed, making them really fun to use! I see an ice cream social in my future class schedule using this same paper *wink*  Like I said, a pretty simple little card, but he loved it and that is what matters to ME :-) If you like the products you see here, you can purchase them in my online store or email me your order and I will be happy to put it in for you! Don't forget: since it is SALE-A-BRATION time right now, for every $50 order, you get to choose something from the SALE-A-BRATION catalog FREE!! I love FREE, don't you?? *wink* I am off to soak up some sun, drink some more coffee, and STAMP!! Have a fabulous day, and remember to take some time to be creative :-)
Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White card stock, Sweet Shop Designer Series Paper
Inks - Basic Black, Calypso Coral ink pads, Versamark Pen
Stamps - PS I Love You
Tools - Eyelet Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Dimensionals
Accessories - Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon

No comments: