September 9, 2011

HOLIDAY MINI SPOTLIGHT SERIES - DAY THREE

Good morning and Happy Friday!!! This week zoomed by for me - I could have used one more day before the weekend, lol!! Tonight I am taking my daughter and her friend shopping for a birthday present for another friend - it's hard enough shopping with one teen let along two, lol!!! So, I am gearing up, heehe! My daughter is already talking about Halloween and I just know she is going to drag me into the Halloween store! It is her favorite holiday, and I have no idea why since it most definitely is not mine :-) However, I could not resist a few of the super cute Halloween items in the Holiday Mini and I have been making some treat items with them! I want to share one I made today - I am going to make these for my husband's supervisory staff and then make some other things for the rest of the staff.  Otherwise, I would be making these until next Halloween, lol! I am very happy with how it came out, and I am going to have to hide it from Kayla or it will disappear :-)  Now, I can't take credit for the design of this cutie, but I have seen them all over the place, and so I just emailed one of the people who made one and asked for the dimensions and she was kind enough to share - love stampers!! It has a lot of scoring but it went super fast using my new Simply Scored tool - I don't know how I lived without it, lol! I think I need to do a whole post on just that tool so you all can see how easy it is to use and why EVERYONE should have one, lol!  So, for this project I used lots of products from the holiday mini!  The paper is from the new Pick Your Poison Designer Series paper pack, and it really has some fun patterns to it! And, I can see myself using it for lots of non-halloween projects as well! I used three different patterns of the paper so you can get an idea of how awesome it is! The images are from the Piece of Poison stamp set, and both the images and paper have these fun little Quick Accents called Pick Your Poison, which I also used! All the spiders came from the accent sheets - you get two full sheets of all different tags, images, and borders! Super fun to play with! And, as you can see, this card comes with it's own treat holder - there are five little chocolate nuggets in there! I wrapped them in Naturals Vanilla card stock that is stamped with another holiday mini set called It's a Wrap Holidays.  They fit perfectly around these - can you see the little spiders on there??  I think they are perfect!!
So, here is a shot of the tag pulled out so you can see it in full view as well as the background to the card behind the tag - I could NOT leave it bare :-)
Isn't it fun?  The tag is Peach Parfait card stock and then I accented each end with one of the borders from the Quick Accents pack.  It coordinates perfectly with the DSP around the treat end of this project as well as the scallop border along the pocket! All of the images here are also from the Piece of Poison stamp set - there are some fun images to this set! I used the brain and the spider, and stamped them in Versamark, then heat embossed both with my Heat Tool using the new Pewter embossing powder and they came out sooooo good!
Here, let me show you a close-up!  See how nice and defined the images are?? I am loving this new embossing powder and see lots of ways to use it for all different types of projects, most notably my favorite style of vintage shabby! So, I am sure you will be seeing lots more of this in the near future, lol!! The little pull tab is punched out using the Curly Label punch and then cut in half and adhered with red sticky tape so it won't come off! The spider on top is actually a quick accent tag that I punched out with the small oval punch to make it small enough to fit on the tag.  Cute, right?  And, there is plenty of room on the back of this tag to write a note to whoever is the lucky recipient of this little treat card!!! And, let's not forget the back that now shows since the tag is out!

Here is a close-up shot of it so you can see the fun details that are there! I used another one of the Quick Accents here as well. I stamped the skeleton on the tag, then stamped the word Spooky over the top of him. That sentiment actually comes from another Halloween Set that is in the main catalog and it is called Wicked Cool - and it is, lol!!! And, it fit perfectly over Mr. Bones so I just had to use it.  Once I had it all stamped, I simply peeled the tag off the sheet, and stuck it straight down on the back - easy peasy!! I am loving these quick accents - they make a project come together really quick, which is nice if you are doing a big number of items like I will be, lol! My husband better appreciate it, that's all I have to say *wink*  So, there you have it - day three of fun products from the super fabulous Holiday Mini catalog!! I hope you are all enjoying this fun spotlight series - I know I am enjoying sharing them with you!!! I will be back again tomorrow with another fun project I just know you will love! Now, I am off to get ready for my events this weekend, and then off to shopping with the girls! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, and take time to do some fun things......like STAMP! And, if you like the products you see here, you can order them in my online store and have delivered right to your door :-) Or, you can contact me and I will be happy to place your order for you! See you soon!
Treat Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Black, Peach Parfait, Naturals Vanilla card stock, Pick Your Poison Designer Series Paper
Inks - Black Stazon, Peach Parfait classic ink, Versamark
Stamps - Piece of Poison, Wicked Cool(this one is from the main catalog)
Tools - Simply Scored, Scallop Circle Border punch, Small Oval Punch, Heat Tool, Pewter embossing powder
Accessories - Pick Your Poison Quick Accents

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love all of the "creepy" details in this project! Perfect for Halloween :)

Melanie said...

Great Halloween creations! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.