August 10, 2011

A SNEAKY PEEK OF THINGS TO COME!

Happy Hump Day!! WOW! This week is flying by - I have been soooo busy getting ready for my weekend that is chock full of stamping events - my kind of weekend *wink*  I love when I have fun events to look forward to because it means stamping with friends, lots of laughter, and of course seeing people I don't always get to see! So, since I can't show you those projects quite yet, I thought I would give you a sneak peek of some of the fun things to come next month with the new Holiday Mini! Yep, it is that time of year again, lol! The new mini will be available for all of you to order from starting September 1st BUT one of the perks of being a demonstrator is that I get to order a full month earlier and play :-) Cool, right??  So, while most of us are still seeing triple digits with the heat, I thought I would make a snowy card and cool things down a bit! I used the new Christmas Lodge stamp set - isn't it pretty??!!  I paired it with the Frostwood Lodge Designer Series paper and some Cherry Cobbler card stock - YUM!!! And, see that ribbon in the background? That is our new Early Espresso Quilted Ribbon which is amazing and already on my next order, lol!! I really wanted to created a winter wonderland feel to this card, but did not want to use all of my new Dazzling Details glitter glue (yep, you heard me right!) so I used a small piece of the new Silver Glimmer paper, distressing one edge to look like rough mounds of snowy goodness! I did use the Dazzling Details for the roof porch, and window sills of the house - doesn't all that glitter make you happy??!! I love snow like this - I don't have to shovel it, drive in it, or take the dogs out in it, lol!

Here is a close-up of the house - I just love how this looks!! I stamped the whole image in Early Espresso ink, but then went back in with my Always Artichoke stampin' write marker and added some green to the trees.  Then, I took my white gel pen and added some of that to the trees too! I love the contrast against the house :-) This was going to be a swap card, but I changed my mind so that is why I can share this one with you. *wink* I am going to be playing with this set again today to figure out what I am going to do for the swap - tough job, but somebody has to do it, lol!!! All of these products that I have featured here today will be available for you to order on September 1st and if you are already on my mailing list and have ordered in the last six months, you will be receiving a FREE Holiday Mini in the mail in the next couple of weeks!! If you don't receive one, but would like to have a hard copy of this mini, contact me and I will be happy to send one out to you!  So, now I am off to get my stamp on and then go to my friend's jewelry party tonight - who doesn't like jewelry??!! Have a wonderful day, and I really hope you get the chance to STAMP SOMETHING!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White card stock, Frostwood Lodge Designer Series paper
Inks - Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke classic inks and stampin' write markers, white gel pen
Stamps - Christmas Lodge
Accessories - Silver Glimmer paper, Early Espresso quilted ribbon, mini silver brads, Dazzling Details glitter glue

No comments: