August 25, 2011

PRETTY DOILIES

Good morning all! It is a beautiful day here in Northern California so I will have to be spending some time outside today in the pool :-) I love days like this - a little breeze, warm but not blazing hot, and not a cloud in the sky - makes me smile!!! I finally got my stamp room clean and back to normal - I am one of those people who cannot create unless everything is clean and back where it belongs.  Drives me crazy! So, I will definitely be getting some creative time in today as well!!! My husband is still home - he took the whole week off to get used to a new routine and to get caught up on some much needed rest! It has been nice to have him home, but hard to keep to my regular routine, lol! I usually hang out in my stamp room all day long, but I feel bad doing that when he is home, I feel I should be spending that time with him! But, I DID tell him that today he might get ignored somewhat while I try and get back to business *wink*

Today I want to share with you a fun card I made using the Delicate Doilies stamp set - love it! I never thought much about doilies, I just associated them with elderly people and as decorations on the arms of chairs, heehee! So, when this set first came out, I was not blown away.  But, then of course I saw some amazing things done with it and thought - WOW! I am missing out, and now I just love to play with it! Isn't that always the way??  I love this color combo too, fun and bright, which I love! The base of the card is Calypso Coral, a new yummy in-color that quickly captured MY attention because I am a huge fan of anything in the orange family :-) I paired it with Baja Breeze, and though it might be hard for you to see here, I stamped the background using the new Netting Background stamp, another new favorite of mine. The pretty lace was made using the Lace Border punch, soooo pretty! The doilies are stamped in Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, and Calypso Coral classic inks, and then punched out using my circle and Scallop circle punches. Every other one is popped up on a dimensional to give the card some depth.  Then, I had to add some rhinestones because I just think they were needed, lol! The last touch on this card was adding a bit of the super cute ruffled ribbon in Calypso Coral - this ribbon comes in all the new in-colors and is so very pretty I tend to hoard it, heehee! Don't you just love it??!  This card makes me happy, and it was super fun to make! I actually did this card in a workshop, although it is a little more involved than I would normally do.  However, they are a group of seasoned stampers and they had no problems at all :-) I will leave you with the recipe and if you would like any of the items featured here, you can purchase them all in my online store or by contacting me with your order.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and have time to be creative!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Whisper White card stock
Inks - Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight classic inks
Stamps - Delicate Doilies, Netting background stamp
Tools - Small Oval Punch, 1 3/4 inch, 1 3/8, 1 1/4  inch circle punches, 1 3/4 inch Scallop Circle punch, Lace Border punch, dimensionals
Accessories - Rhinestones, Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon

No comments: