May 16, 2011

THE OPEN SEA IS AMAZING!

Happy Monday all! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! Mine was VERY busy as I had a class Friday night, two workshops on Saturday, and my Scrapbook Club yesterday - WHEW! Lots of stamping going on but I loved every minute of it!  I have a full week ahead of me as I get my family and I ready to leave next Saturday for Maryland to see my son graduate! I am so excited to see him, just makes me grin from ear to ear when I think about it! So, this week will fly by I am sure since I have TONS to do! The card I am sharing today is one of  the workshop cards I did over the weekend.  I used the new Summer Mini set called The Open Sea - Loooove it! I paired it with the Nautical Expedition patterned paper as well, which is yummy and a must have! This set is just amazing, I love to play with it! I kept is simple as it was a workshop card, but we really had a good time putting it together! I used Naturals Ivory card stock because I think the pulpy look lends itself well to this set - it makes it all looked aged like old world maps, lol!  The journal stamp was stamped in Early Espresso and then we tore the edges and inked them with the same color - doesn't it look like we took a match to it? Love that look! We then stamped the anchor right on top.  The map was stamped and then cut out and popped up using dimensionals.  We also used some of the yummy new Bakers Twine - this is the Early Espresso but you can also get it in Whisper White (and make your own colors with reinkers *wink*) and Cherry Cobbler.  We added an antique brad as well - this one looks like a compass, perfect for this card!  The sentiment is actually from the stamp set called Travel Log - the stamp actually includes the whole definition of adventure, but for this card, I just wanted the word.  Simple but came together nicely, I think - my workshop gals really liked it too! If you would like to have these products for yourself, you can purchase them in my online store or contact me and I will be happy to help you place your order! I am going to be working on some downline projects today as I have my meeting tomorrow so I will be back to share some of those tomorrow! Have a wonderful stampin' day!!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory, Night of Navy card stock, Nautical Expedition designer series paper
Inks - Night of Navy, Early Espresso classic inks
Stamps - The Open Sea, Travel Log(sentiment)
Tools - Word Window Punch
Accessories - Antique Brads, Bakers Twine

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Alex this is soooo WONDERFUL Alex, what great images and design!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Hi Sweetie: It has been way to long since I commented on here and I am sorry. So many places to be and things to do, but I still look. Love this card so much that I had to drop bye and tell you so. I love the colours and the nautical theme is amazing. To the design to the torn ledger with anchor to twine and button, just gorgeous. Love what you did here. Hugs.