February 15, 2011

COME ON SPRING!!!

Well, it is another cold, rainy, windy, just plain nasty day here and I am soooooo ready for Spring! I mean really, I almost got blown off the porch this morning while waiting for the dogs to come in - sheesh!! So, I thought maybe if I stamped some spring cards, it would help bring it faster, lol!  I decided to use the new Occasions Mini set called Easter Blossoms(clear item 122057) - such a pretty set, and I see way more things to do with this set than just Easter! I also did a lot of layering on this card - I just love layers, it really adds so much! I started out with my most favorite color Rich Razzleberry and used it for my base card - something about this color just makes me happy :-)  I paired with Springtime Vintage patterned paper(item 121782), also from the Mini - I swear, I have reached for this paper more than any other lately, it is just soooooo PRETTY!!!  I punched all the edges using the Scalloped Trim border punch - doesn't it look fun with all those layers of border punched goodness, lol??!  I stamped the sweet little girl image on Very Vanilla card stock and then ran it through my Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder and just love how it looks! And, of course, no card is really complete without some pretty ribbon so I added a pretty little ribbon treatment using the Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon (item 121000). A little bling, a sweet sentiment, and DONE! This card makes me happy and for just a little while, I was able to forget the wind howling outside :-)  Stamping just makes me happy - it is sooooo good for the soul!! All of these items are available in my online store or you can send me an email and I would be happy to help you place an order! And remember, all orders that are $50 or more will earn you FREE stuff because it's Sale-a-Bration time, whoohooo!!!  I love it!! FREE is always good, right?? *wink*  So, I am off to stamp some more things for class this weekend and then I am meeting some friends for drinks and appetizers later.  Sounds like a fun day, right??  I just love my job :-)  I will be back tomorrow with a super fun project to share so until then, happy stampin'!!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla card stock, Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper
Inks - Rich Razzleberry classic ink
Stamps - Easter Blossoms
Tools - Scallop Trim Border punch, Large Oval punch, Designer label punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder
Accessories - Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon, Basic Pearls

1 comment:

Crystal said...

AWWW Alex this is a sweet card and BEAUTIFUL!....I am with you girl, I AM sooooo ready for spring, thanks for the little touch of spring girl!! Hugs!