October 5, 2010

MORE CHOCOLATE TREATS!

Good morning all!! As promised, I am going to share the other two projects from our Chicks and Chocolate class last week! Such fun, I really do love my job :-)  This first one is a fun little project - I have seen all kinds of variations of this all over the web so I thought I would create my own and for the most part, I am happy with how it turned out! I made a little sling for the test tube that seems to work wonderfully!  I did a fall theme for this one - wouldn't these be cute as little place holders on the Thanksgiving table?  I mean hey, chocolate is good for every occasion, right?  No, the tube is not from SU! we don't carry these, I actually ordered them from some craft company I had never heard of, but they were inexpensive and got here fast so I was happy! The tube is filled with fall m&m's and decorated with our yummy wide striped Early Espresso ribbon. We used the beautiful Autumn Spice Specialty paper you can find in the Holiday mini - love, love, love this paper! And, I broke out the crimper tool and ran some Wild Wasabi through it to give a fun texture for this background piece! The sentiment is from the Day of Gratitude stamp set which is also in the Holiday mini and is a gorgeous set for all your fall projects! The sentiment piece was run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder which really makes it stand out!!  Of course, no project is finished without adding a purdiful button - love the new buttons we have, they are sooo fun! Added a twine bow and done! All the tools and such can be found in the recipe listed below! Isn't this fun??! This went over as a huge favorite at the class!
Card recipe:
Paper - More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla card stock, Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper
Inks - Wild Wasabi classic inks
Stamps - Day of Gratitude stamp set
Tools - 2 1/2 inch circle punch, 2 3/8 inch scallop circle punch, 1 3/4 inch circle punch, ticket corner punch, crimper tool, paper piercer, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder
Accessories - Brights designer buttons, hemp twine, Early Espresso narrow ribbon, Early Espresso wide striped ribbon
This next project I shamelessy CASED from my good friend and upline Kimberly VanDiepen - the girl has mad talent! These are sooo stinkin' cute and would look fabulous hanging from a little halloween tree (which is where mine are now, LOL!)  I had a hard time taking a good picture of this but you get the idea anyway.  It's a little cone made from the super cute Wicked Fun Designer Series paper.  The top of the cone has a ribbon treatment made with Basic Black satin ribbon - looks fabulous! The main image is from the Halloween Hoot stamp set - I could not resist giving her green warts, LOL!  Once stamped, we ran her through the Big Shot using the Spider Web embossing folder.  The outside of the image is our new waffle paper, which is found in the holiday mini and comes in four different colors - sooooo fun to play with!! I just cut a strip, went around the back of the circle, and when I was done, took my paper snips and cut little fringies into it!
There is a little piece of Old Olive card stock punched from teh Modern Label punch that makes a loop at the back of the cone so you can hang it - it is attached with a glimmer brad but you can't see it here *sniff* Here is another angle of the project to give you a better idea of what it looks like!  There, now you can sort see it, LOL!!! We filled our cones with rolos (of course, with my kids around, those are long gone!) which fit perfectly! Super fun project - thanks Kimberly :-)  So, that's it - all four projects we did at Chicks and Chocolate! Fun class, and I have another one scheduled this month so if you are local and want to come and have some fun and eat chocolate with me, give me a call!! And, if you are drooling over some of these products used here, check out the recipes for the descriptions, and head on over to my online store where you can get them right now! Questions? Contact me as I am  happy to help you out! Now, off to finish up a couple of class projects I am working on so a full day of stamping today, whoohooo!!! I hope all of you have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by, I love when you do! Leave me a comment so I know you were here - I would love to visit you as well! Until, tomorrow, Happy Stampin'!
Cone Recipe:
Paper - Whisper White, Old Olive card stock, Wicked Fun Designer Series Paper
Inks - Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black classic inks
Stamps - Halloween Hoot stamp set
Tools - Big Shot, Spider Web embossing folder, Modern Label punch(paper hook), 2 1/2 inch circle punch
Accessories- basic black waffle paper, basic black glimmer brad, basic black satin ribbon

6 comments:

a portland granny said...

Wonderful projects! They are so creative! Great ideas for treats for my neighbor kiddos.

It is so apparant that you love what you do! Sounds like you have a great time at your parties.

I went to my first ever SU card making party for World Card Day. It was such a blast. I hope to do it more often!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! What really fun and cute treats!! Love all the embossing on them too!! TFS! :)

Deb said...

these look scrummy Alex, fab gifts, hugs Debx

Nikki Bond said...

These are both fantatic Alex...as is everything in your other posts I've been catching up on this morning!

{SMILES}

Renee Ondrajka said...

Love the little test tube treat. Do you have a pic of what it looks like inside? I'd like to see how you did yours. I have some of these little tubes here and have been thinking about what to do with them. Thanks!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Well who doesn't love chocolate and packaged up so pretty to? AWESOME!!