August 25, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL CARD AND PIC :-)

Hi all!! Here it is, Wednesday already - where does the time go??  I have been super busy trying to get some stamping done, and prepping for my four workshops at the end of this week! I know, I am crazy - but I LOVE it :-)  As promised, I wanted to share my card that I made for my daughter for her first day of school as well as her beautiful picture (tradition, ya know??!)  I have to laugh - my daughter is a contradiction in terms because she is a very girly girl .....and then, she is soooo not!! If you have a teenage daughter, you know EXACTLY what I mean, LOL! So, I decided to keep her card fun with lots of texture and different elements and I am proud to say that it made it to the bulletin board in her room so I must have done something right :-)  I used lots of  fun things on this card including my fabulous cutter kit(106958) which has several different toys attached, one being the distresser tool that I used here.  And, the Designer Paper Celebrations(117164) was perfect for what I had in mind - I love all the different sizes and colors of the numbers, makes the perfect background! The main image is stamped on a piece of Whisper White card stock(100730) that I misted with water, crumpled, flattened out and then stamped on when it dried - fun and easy technique if you are looking for a different look on your card. The image (which is actually a sentiment LOL!) is from the Word Play stamp set(120651-clear) which has not left my desk since Monday and will probably be used several more times before it makes it back to its rightful place on the shelf, heehee! I LOVE it! The sentiment is from the Go Graduate stamp set, which is in the Summer Mini and is only available to order until August 30th. I attached it with one of our new fun embellishments in the Clips Assortment(112580) - isn't that the cutest paper clip you have ever seen??!!!  Some fun designer buttons and cute ribbon completed this card and I was soooo happy that she liked it - even got a smile and at 7:30am that is quite the feat!! 
Here is my beautiful girl -I can't believe how grown up she looks, where does the time go??*sigh*  It seems like just yesterday I walked her to her kindergarten class holding her hand - can you imagine me trying THAT now??! I am pretty sure it would be years before she spoke to me again, LOL!  Thanks everyone for stopping by - please leave me a comment to let me know you were here, I so love to read them, they always bring a smile to my face! Now, off to stamp some more so that Tony and I can take the kiddos to the County Fair tonite with some friends - can't wait!!!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Old Olive card stock, Celebrations Designer Series Paper
Inks - Real Red, Pacific Point classic stampin' pads
Stamps - Word Play, Go Graduate
Tools - Distresser Kit, Corner Rounder, Spiral Border Punch
Accessories - Designer buttons, Clips Assortment, Night of Navy 1/4 inch ribbon, twine, glue dots

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Fantastic Card Alex and what a great pic...:) Hope you are having a great week!!!

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous Alex! ...and your daughter too...she's is looking so mature! {SMILES}

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

love this card!!

I'm following you thru sc. hope you can follow mine too

http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com