April 29, 2010

A LITTLE SMOOCH....NO, NOT THAT KIND!

Hah!! I bet you thought I was giving away kisses, didn't ya??!! heehee, nope, just playing with some fab new product from the Summer Mini and finding it VERY addicting, LOL!!!!  There is lots going on with this card so I am going to tell you what I did!! First, I used a Chocolate Chip base because I wanted to play with the Log Cabin Smooch and it works beautifully on this color!! I chose to use the new stamp set from the Summer Mini called Elements of Style - it is definitely a new favorite for me! I stamped the image in versamark on the base and then added gold embossing powder, then heat set it to give the card a rich background.  Next, I used the brand new embossing folder Square Lattice on a piece of Very Vanilla that is cut out with the Top Note die and let me tell you, it makes me squeal!!!! I LOVE the effect and it totally changes the texture of your paper, it almost feels like cloth!! I then smooch spritzed using the Log Cabin and found out:  a little goes a long way, lol!!! It is beautiful though, totally sparkles all over!  Here is a close-up, just click to enlarge and you can get some of the effect!  Nothing like in person though - you WILL need this product!!!! I then stamped my image in Pretty in Pink, covered it in versamark, then added some clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I did the same thing with the bird image except the bird is stamped in chocolate chip.  Added a few embellies and done!! I am very happy with this card, I just love all the new fun things in this mini!!! And, you all can order in just a few days because THIS MINI GOES LIVE ON MAY FIRST, WHOOOHOOO!!!  I really hope you are enjoying some of the previews from this fun mini because I will be back with two more samples tomorrow to share!! Thanks for stopping by, I love ya for it!!!  And remember, if you do stop by, leave me a comment so I know you were here - I love to see who is visiting!! Karan, this means you, no lurking now, ya hear *wink* 
Card Recipe:
Paper - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock
Inks - Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Versamark
Stamps - Elements of Style
Accessories - Top Note Die for BS, gold and clear embossing powder, pretty in pink satin ribbon, pretty in pink corduroy button, slit punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz

14 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Alex this is FANTASTIC, LOVE your design sweetie, and these colors!!!! WOW!!!

Denise Marzec said...

DANG, I came RUNNING for a kiss...hehe, j/k. ABSOLUTELY beautfiul card, Alex! Love everything about it!

Deb said...

oh wow, that is a beautiful card Alex, so love the pretty tones! hugs Debx

Christi Flores said...

Good gosh this is gorgeous!!!!

Carolyn King said...

so pretty!!! (bet you get a lot of hits with that one. wink!)

mudmaven said...

Fantastic card! Love all the textures and the smooch is mahvelous dahling! ~chris

Dani said...

Gorgeous card, that smooch looks like fun stuff!

Lou Sims said...

Great card Alex andlove all the layers & tecture you have used.

Lou
x

Silke Ledlow said...

He,he you crack me up Alex....no smooches :(...bummer!!!

Love how you used this new Set!!! I really like the background and the design!!! Awesome card GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful color combination! Love the shimmer of the Smooch Sprays!

Jodi said...

Alex, thank you for visiting me and for your very sweet comments! This is a very beautiful card, I love the color combination and layout!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jessie/knightrone said...

So pretty!! Love the colors!!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Alex, i love the layers.

Sue said...

Hi Alex
gorgeous card, beautiful papers & layout, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, sue,x