April 22, 2010

ANOTHER GIFT SET....WITH BIRDIES

Hi all!! I am still frantically getting ready to leave tomorrow for the Retreat and I have barely begun to pick out what I want to take, ack!!! I want to take it all, which is totally not practical, LOL!!! I have some projects in mind but want to ensure I have what I need to at least get those done.  I am actually going to work on some scrap pages from Kayla's birthday since I want to make a book just for her to have.  I am hoping to get it completely done (yeah, right!) but we shall see!! So, today I wanted to show another one of the spa gift sets I made - this tme with birds.  I know some of you have been asking for directions on how to make the holder, and you have my promise that when I get back, you will get to see my very first tutorial, heehee!! I am not prmising it will be great, but I will do one so that you can all see how they are made.  So, the base of this one is Gable Green which I love, such a pretty spring color!  I added some Tempting Turquoise and then some patterned paper from the DSP called Flock Together...perfect with the birds, right?  The bird is punched from my XL bird punch, which is only available until the end of the month since the Occasions Mini is going away.  And, I had to use my yummy Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, it goes so well with, well, everything! 
Once I had this set done, I decide to make some small gift cards to go with it and ended up with a whole set - here they are all together. I used the same papers, just changed out the pattern of the DSP.  Such a fun project, I am really enjoying putting these together, they make such wonderful gifts!  Okay, back to getting ready.....I swear, no matter how organized I THINK I am, I am still working until the last minute, LOL!  Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate all your sweet comments!  I will be back tomorrow to show you the swap card I made for the Retreat - until then!! Happy Stampin!
Gift set Recipe: (all SU! unless noted otherwise)
Paper - Gable Green Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Whisper White card stock, Flock Together Designer Series Paper
Inks - Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise classic inks
Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes, Charming
Accessories - Scalloped Trip Border Punch, XL Bird Punch, 1 3/4 inch Circle Punch, 5-Petal Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, 1 3/8 inch Circle Punch, Red Sticky tape, twine, buttons, dimensionals, potion bottles from TE

9 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Alex this is one GREAT gift set girl...WOW those colors are fabulous and I LOVE this birdie punch...What a great way to use it!!! Beautiful set sweetie!

Rose Ann said...

Wooooowie, Alex!! This gift set looks incredible!! Who wouldn't LOVE to receive it? Love the birds, pretty colors/papers...everything!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Another beautiful creation! Wow...lovin it!

jjcreations said...

You're on a roll with these gift sets, Alex. I love it with the bird!

raindropecho said...

Wow, such serene colors. Perfect bath set! Loving all those scallops, too! This is a beauty, Alex :)
- Ann

Deb said...

what a beautiful set, they are all so perfectly co-ordinated, what a fabulous gift they would make! hugs debx

Dani said...

This is so cool! Can't wait for the tutorial, it'll be awesome! Have fun on your getaway!

Chris said...

wow! this is fabulous! have a good time at the retreat...>"<

Betty Townsend said...

Love these!!