March 25, 2009

A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE

Hi all!! Whew!! I can't believe how busy I have been!! For the last few days and nights I have been filling out some job applications and redoing my resume, which has taken a lot longer than I thought! And, I have been getting ready to teach a workshop tonight so I was madly cutting and designing projects and then last night she called and cancelled!!!!! Yep, no workshop tonight....but we moved it to Tuesday so I am ahead of the game now, lol!!! She has a very sick child so I completely understand...I just wish I hadn't had to pull my hair out! But, I do have something I want to share with you today so I guess that's something, right? I made this layout (it is framed but I took it out to take a picture) for my friend's daughter's wedding day. I have been doing some layouts for her since he is on his way to Iraq for the THIRD time in the four years they have been together and will be gone for another eight months. So, to give her something to hang on her wall in her bedroom at moms, I asked her for a few of her favorite wedding pics. I made one already, but she showed that one to her husband, and he promptly claimed that one for his own - I was very flattered, lol! Hopefully she will like this one just as much!! Everything on this page is Stampin' Up! and I even used some of my Pretties Kit to add a touch of elegance. The big flower is inked with Chocolate Chip ink and then stamped with my Romance stampin' wheel. The middle has one of the new jumbo chocolate chip brads and is topped with a large pearl, also from the Pretties Kit. If you look at the flowers in the upper corner, those are also cut using my Big Shot Die called Flower Layers III, which I also used my Romance wheel on in Chocolate Chip ink. The stamp from the Doodle This stamp set is stamped in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder (click pic to enlarge). Very monochromatic page because I made the pictures Sepia and I did not want to distract from them. All in all, I am happy with how it turned out and I hope she is too!! She will get this from me on Sunday when she comes for my calendar class. I have one other which I will share this weekend, I am just finishing it up now!! Thanks for stopping by, I will be back tomorrow with Tamara's sketch as well as a few other goodies I want to share!! Till then - have a fantabulous day!
Recipe:
Paper- Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa Card stock, Bella Birds and Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper
Inks - Chocolate Chip Craft and Classic Inks
Stamps - Doodle This, Romance Stampin' Wheel,
Accessories - Scalloped Edge Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Pretties Kit, Photo Corners Punch, Scalloped Oval Die, Flower Layers III Die, Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

31 comments:

Natalie said...

What a beautiful page and gorgeous photo. x

Anonymous said...

Awesome page Alex!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Alex, what a gorgeous layout & pics!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful page Alex! Sorry your workshop got moved but like you said, now you've prepped and are ready to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page Alex. I'm sure she'll love it!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh it's gorgeous! And isn't it great to be ahead of the game in planning!

Manna said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Love the colours on this one!

Dawn♥ said...

Absolutely STUNNING layout Alex! I ♥ the photos and the design ROCKS!
♥Dawn♥

Dani said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! She will absolutely love it and it will be a great comfort to her when she starts missing her man! Great job!

Emily said...

This is such a beautiful page Alex! What a sweet picture! Love the colors and the punched edges! The flowers look great too!

Melissa said...

Oh Alex! This is beautiful and she's going to love it!

Many Blessings,
M.

Chris said...

this turned out fabulous, so pretty & romantic!! i'm sure she will love it...love thos BS flowers. that's a tool i don't own!! happy job hunting!! >"<

Ila said...

This layout is just Beautiful!! I'm sure she will love it!!...Hugs, Ila

Wendy said...

Awesome page......it is gorgeous and I bet it looks amazing in the frame, too. Good luck with your job hunting!

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Nikki Bond said...

Wow...what a stunning picture ...brings tears to my eyes..and love the scrapbook page you made to honor it. Tell her my heart goes out to them having to deal with so many deployments. So nice of you to make her a gorgeous piece for her wall! {SMILES}

Louise F NZ said...

This is really pretty, a truely lovely keepsake.

Unknown said...

Alex...this page is classic! So beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Alex, what a fantastic page, so pretty and sure to be cherished, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my - Alex - this is such a beautiful scrap page!!! What a wonderful looking couple ;)!!!

Risa said...

Alex...this layout is BEAUTIFUL!!! The picture, colors and flowers are all awesome together!
hugs
Risa:)

Pamela said...

Ugghhh...job applications...I don't miss that. I love your page Alex...great job!

Diane said...

Oh wow,it's stunning Alex! She is one lucky lady for you to do this for her,i'm sure she will enjoy it very much!
As for your workshop,hey you're all ready for them.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing for you to do Alex. She's lucky to receive your beautiful layouts!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is a really gorgeous page!! What a beautiful pic too!! TFS!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness...what a gorgeous page, Alex!! I LOVE it!!

Laura Evangeline said...

Ooo! I want you to scrap my wedding album. I just need to find a husband first...

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty page! Love that photo, makes me think, ahhhhh, young love!!

Lee said...

Oh wow!!! What a gorgeous layout!! Such beautifully elegant details to match the awesome photos!!

Katie said...

Totally gorgeous layout Alex. Fabulous idea for your friends' daughter.

Katie
x

Vicki said...

Beautiful scrapbook page. Just perfect and I know she loved it.