February 11, 2009

A BIRTHDAY RAK AND SOME AWARDS

Hi all!!! Whew - busy night with class last night, but we had a lot of fun!! I will show you the calendar we made after I teach this class again on Monday! But, today I want to share with you this really nice birthday RAK I received from my friend Denise, who is also the owner of Whimsy Stamps! Can you believe it? She sent me this really adorable card AND one of her new release stamps - isn't that image just precious???!! I am totally excited to ink this baby up - I have a friend who is having her first girl so this stamp will be perfect for her card!! Thanks so much Denise - you ROCK!!!!! I also have been very fortunate lately to have been nominated for some awards. I will apologize now, I am not very good about posting these in a timely manner, and it is not because I don't appreciate it (I do, very much!) but because my memory is not what it used to be, lol!!! These first one is from Dawn over at Daily Scrappin' Inspiration, thanks Dawn! This is a cool award that I am supposed to nominate five of my favorite blogs for. It was not easy, but here are my five picks:
(1) Rose Anne (Paper Delightz)
(2) Ila (Artfully Ila)
(3) Nikki (Bunny-Zoe's blog)
(4) Lisa (My Little Creative Escape)
(5) Angie (Schwoo! by stampin Angie)
This second award I receive from four different people: Dawn, Diane, Deb, and Risa - thanks ladies! I am supposed to pass this one as well, but it has been going around for awhile, so I am going to give this one to everyone who takes the time to pop on by and see me - I appreciate you all! Now, off to blurf a little before I have to fold the laundry - what an exciting life I lead, lol!! See you all tomorrow when I have my sample for Tamara's sketch!

16 comments:

Dottie K. said...

First off love the layout you did of the Marine Ball. What a special gift. Happy Birthday to you. What a great present and beautiful card. :)

Maureen said...

Yeah...what she said!!! And cute card posted here and what a fab stamp you got!!
((()))reen

Dawn♥ said...

Fabulous Birthday RAK! Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you doll! ♥

Melissa said...

Sooo cute! And Happy Belated Birthday!

Many Blessings,
M.

Donna Baker said...

sweet card & cute stamp - Happy Birthday, Alex!! congrats on your fun awards

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Happy Birthday Alex and what wonderful Rak to receive. The stamp is such a cutie and can't wait to see what you create. Congratulations on your awards and you are a sweetie to pass to me :-) Big Hugs, Nikki x

Latisha said...

cute card and how awesome you got some new stamps!
the layout you did of the MC Ball is just perfect

Lesli said...

What a fun RAK. How thoughtful of your friend - it looks like a wonderful stamp to play with! Congrats on the awards - much deserved!

Angie Tieman said...

Awwww, thank you for the award! YOu are too kind and sweet! And p.s. I joined Facebook tonight and now we are "officially" friends! hee! hee!

Risa said...

Happy Birthday Alex!!!
Thanks for sharing your awesome birthday RAK and congrats on you awards. You are very special and deserving of both.
hugs
Risa:)

Lee said...

OH my what an adorable Norwal!!! I need that stamp!! LOL And congrats on the extremely well-deserved awards my friend!!!! HUGS!!

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations on your awards, Alex!! Thanks so much for honoring me with the Measure Up one!! You are so sweet!!

Love your cute birthday card and stamp too!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! What a great b-day RAK!! :) FUN!! TFS!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

So happy that card arrived to you safely Alex. Sorry it was a bit late. Hope your birthday was wonderful! :)

Shannon McGann said...

Happy belated birthday, Alex! Hope it was a great one! Congratulations on all your awards - you rock, Girl!

Marilyn said...

How fun to get such an exciting RAK! Congrats on all your blog awards too!