December 1, 2008

HOLIDAY HOOPLAH!!!

Hi all!!! Today starts the first day of Holiday Hooplah at the Coconut Scrapshop!! Every day there will be a new challenge posted and fabulous prizes awarded for the winners!! Then, three semi-finalists will be chosen to compete in one final challenge and THAT winner will be our GDT member for the month of January AND receive a FREE kit!!! WHOOHOOO!!!! So, I am in charge of the first challenge and I thought I would share my project here!! I challenged everyone to make a 3d holiday gift item with matching card. Now, I have shared the card with you all, but not the gift idea, so I am sharing that with you today!! This is a little box made out of coasters and held together with ribbon. It turned out super cute, and will be a gift for my daughter's teacher this year. I made the holes with my Crop-a-dile, used sticky tape to adhere the dsp to the coasters, and then a really strong glue to hold the entire box together. I also used my giant Felt Flurries and added some bling to the center - I just love these things and have made great use of them for holiday gifts and cards this year! Here is a picture of the side of the box so that you can see how it actually is "sewn" together by the ribbon. You can either lace your ribbon up the sides or tie individual pieces of ribbon through each pair of holes - I chose to lace each side up with alternating colors of grosgrain ribbon. Here is a picture of the box from the top so you can see what is inside! I placed a cello bag full of chocolates inside the box, and added some fun festive shredded paper to give it some fun holiday flair! I know Kayla's teacher will love this - I mean, who doesn't love chocolate, right?!! So, that is my sample for the challenge - want to play along? Just head on over to the Coconut Scrapshop, and to the Message Board and you will see the thread for Holiday Hooplah!! Not registered?? No problem - it's easy and it's FREE!!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see some of you come over and play!! Here is the recipe for my box - have a fantabulous day!
Box Recipe:
Paper - Naturals White card Stock, Ski Slope Designer Series Paper
Inks - Bashful Blue, Ruby Red Stampin' Inks
Stamps - Punch Pals
Accessories - Felt Flurries, Rhinestone brads, Mono Adhesive, Sticky tape, Crop-a-dile, Real Red and Bashful Blue narrow grosgrain ribbon

34 comments:

Manna said...

Cool project, Alex. Very pretty colours.

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome project Alex!!! I haven't made a box in awhile...time to do one again soon...thanks for the inspiration!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is totally adorable Alex! What a great project!!

Rose Ann said...

I LOVE your box, Alex!! Need to try one sometime. ;) Great new look at your blog too!! Hugs!!

Unknown said...

This is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!! Love it!!

Dani said...

What a great gift idea! Love it!

Ila said...

Fabulous project Alex!! this coaster box if just the Cutest and what a great gift!!...Hugs, Ila

Lauren said...

Super cute Alex! Great project.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your project Alex, great colors.

Chris said...

what a super teacher gift!!! just might have to case it!! it's super cute...>"<

Lee said...

Sooo gorgeous!! I need to collect some coasters!! LOL Ooooo good excuse for hubby to take me out to dinner!!! LOL

HIME said...

Hi this is adorable. Your box is great.
Your header is so great !

Hime (from france)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute Alex! Love this idea for those coasters, may be CASEing this one for my workshop. Great idea! :) Thanks for sharing. :)

Louise F NZ said...

ohh cute, fab box Alex

Dana said...

whoot whoot for the hoopla!!!!

Carolyn King said...

woohooo that is so much fun! Love your box---great job on this!

Lou Sims said...

Fabulous project Alex and love the lacing on the sides. I might just have to "borrow" this idea !

Marlou McAlees said...

oh wow!! this is really cool Alex, fabulous work :) hugzz xx

Angie Tieman said...

What an awesome project!! Great idea!

Angie Tieman said...

What an awesome project!! Great idea!

Courtney said...

Oh this is just too cool, Alex!

Catherine said...

great project, Alex and by the way love your new pic of your snow angels :)

Sharon said...

What a great idea! I may have to try it myself.

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea to use a cropodile to make the holes. What a cute project!

Deborah said...

Yummy box Alex! Love the laced corners! Hugs, Deb

Latisha said...

love all of your projects you have done lately! But I LOVE this one!!! what a cute box, I've seen these but never made one, so great.

Natalie said...

What a great box. x

Anonymous said...

beautiful gift box Alex!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, Alex, this is FANTASTIC! What a gorgeous project!!

Mandy said...

This box is FABULOUS! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Um, SO COOL! Can I be Kayla Teacher?

Anonymous said...

This box turned out so cute Alex! Your daughter's teacher will love it.

Risa said...

This is an awesome project and Kayla's teacher is going to LOVE it!!!!