October 1, 2008

FALL FRENZY BEGINS TODAY AT COCONUTS!!!!

Happy Wednesday all!!! Here it is, the first day of October and that means today is the start of Fall Frenzy at Coconut Scrapshop - whoohoo!!!! And, I had the honor of being the first DT member to post a challenge so I thought I would also share it with you all!! It is different than what I normally post - for one, there is no *gasp* stamping - well, except for the sentiment!! But, I love the way it turned out! Remember the gift set I showed you yesterday? Well, I enjoyed making that so much that I decided that would be perfect for my 3d challenge - yep, the first challenge is to make something 3d! The guidelines to play along are posted on the Coconut site so if you want to play along, get on over there and check it out - there are going to be fabulous giveaways this week! And, don't forget - the big winner at the end of the week will be invited to be the guest DT for the month of November AND get a FREE kit!!!! Okay, so let's get to the project, lol!!! This yummy designer paper is from Black Market Society of which I proud to say I am also a DT member for - this line is called Imported Rhythms and I love the colors, they really do remind me of fall!! The big flower on the front of the box is actually cut out from one sheet of the DP, mounted on Chocolate Chip card stock, and then popped up on dimensionals - of course, I DID add a little Build-a-brad in the center, I could not resist! And, the leaves are little die cuts that I sprinkled all over the front and the tag, which is the sentiment from my new Fall stamp set Happy Blessings, now available TODAY in the new Holiday mini - whew! so much excitement all in one day!!! This next picture shows the box and the four cards I designed to go inside the box (click on the pic for a close-up). Each of the four cards is a little bit different, but all are designed with a fall theme in mind! Lots of die cuts used on these - I so had a good time playing!!! And, all kinds of hardware too! Here is a close-up of the two cards that are done with a base of Chocolate Chip: I just had a blast doing the leaves on the trees (ready made die cut) and I have these fabulous brads shaped like leaves that I just had to use! The sentiment is again from the Happy Blessings Set and I used my Small Oval Punch to cut it out! Here is a close-up of the two cards with a base using More Mustard Card stock - I just love this color, it screams fall!!! Again, both are a little bit different but carry through with the Fall theme! The brads are different too, just love these little square brads, too fun!! So, this is the 3d sample I made for the challenge - I really hope you all go over to Coconuts and play along, it is going to be such a fun week! Till tomorrow - smooches all!!

31 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

AMAZING work Alex! I'm not sure that I'll be able to participate much but I will definitely stop by the "shop". :)

Dawn Easton said...

Wow Alex! What a fantastic project...love the colours and your layouts are awesome girl!

Dawn♥ said...

Lovely work of art Alex! The colors are so warm and inviting. Gorgeous gift set! :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a wonderful project!!!

Gina said...

great project love the autumn colours
Gina xxx

Dani said...

Holy Moly! Great job, love the fall feel! :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Amazing work Alex! So pretty! I love Fall! Gorgeous colors!

Deb said...

gorgeous cards, love all the cards but especially the leaf wreath, what a fabulous set!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow these are fab, awesome work girl.

Michelle said...

Great work Alex - you ROCK! So festive, I just love Fall!

Catherine said...

These are great, Alex. I'll try to play along =)

a portland granny said...

These last two little boxes of goodies you have made are just wonderful. Is there a "recipe" someplace for the box--a template or something? You are so clever you probably made it up yourself. Anyway, its stunning!! And a perfect little container to use for a small gift of cards to someone.

Rose Ann said...

All of these are sooo fun and colorful...and just perfect for the season!! Wonderful, Alex!!

Deborah said...

I love this project! It really is fantastic! You are so in your creative elment Alex! I love it all! Hugs, Deb

Lauren said...

Fabulous set Alex. Love the fall leaves.

Anonymous said...

Wow Alex! Super job! I love what you've created! I LOVE Fall colors...GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have autumn upon us? It makes for awesome creativity, and here it is. Lovely set.

Manna said...

What a great project again, Alex! Love the fall colours and the gigantic flower is to die for!
Are you feeling better? I hope so!

Marlou McAlees said...

happy harvest to you Alex and these autumn cards are beautiful :) x

Lyzzydee said...

Beautiful work!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Another wowza!!

Latisha said...

i really like that paper!

Diane said...

Oh my Alex,that's gorgeous! The fall theme is so lovely!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Love these!!! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, this is so cute! Wow! You're so good! Great job, Alex!!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous and Amazing set Alex! Such Gorgeous fall cards!!..Hugs, Ila

Natalie said...

This is gorgeous Alex. x

Nikki Bond said...

These are fabulous Alex! I love love love that flower on the first one..and the Thanksgiving one is super cute too...heck there all gorgeous! {SMILES}

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OH MY GOODNESS, sweet Alex....this set is most AWESOME!!....Yummy-licious colors...I LOVE fall!....You are a wonderful designer...the team is lucky to have you! Creative blessings, Debbie

Chris said...

very pretty cards!!

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous! I love fall colors and these are beautiful together.