May 2, 2008

IT'S FRIDAY - YIPPEE!!!

Happy Friday y'all! I have been feverishly working to get all the stuff I don't use out of my scrap room, priced, and ready to be sold at the sale tomorrow - today I am going through my paper and out with the old to make room for new - LOL! I have LOTS of stuff and I really don't want to bring any of it home with me....so I hope it all goes!! This card is based on the weekly sketch at Page Plans. I really loved this sketch because I got to use my Jumbo Eyelets...I just don't get to use them enough - LOL! I knew I wanted to use my Touch of Nature stamp set since I have not gotten to play with it much, so I decided that the perfect dp for this would be Porcelain Prints - it is so pretty and the flowers really matched up well, doncha' think?? So, I used one sheet of the dp but both sides of print on top of the base Night Quite Navy card stock. The strip in the center is also Not Quite Navy card stock and I just free handed the little wave...not bad for government work, huh?! I added five, count them five, Jumbo Antique eyelets and threaded the first four with River Rock Double Stitched grosgrain ribbon. The image is stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock in black stazon, and then mounted on a piece of Mellow Moss card stock. I added some faux stitching around the image piece, then water colored the flower with my Not Quite Navy and Mellow Moss Classic Stampin' Pads and my blender pen. For the center of the flower I used a Build-A-Brad (runs a close second to my Jumbo eyelets as my favorite!) with a piece of the Porcelain Prints Dp in the center. Then, I added a piece of Blue Bayou Double stitched ribbon. The sentiment is from the stamp set Much Appreciated, stamped on Mellow Moss card stock in Not Quite Navy Classic ink. I added an antique brad, and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals. This card came together pretty quickly which was good since I only had time for a quick little window of stamping today. Now, before I get back to my garage sale prep, I wanted to share a beautiful RAK I received from my wonderful bloggin' friend Rose Ann. She is truly one of THE most talented stampers I have ever had the pleasure to meet; she totally awes me with her creativity! So, I am THRILLED to have one of her cards as my very own! Isn't this beautiful??! She knows I {Heart} butterflies and this one is gorgeous! I love the design of this card too - it is a flap card and has a magnet inside it to hold it shut - very creative! I want to try one of these myself! Thanks so much for thinking of me Rose Ann! So, now I am off to purge scrapbook paper....that could be an all-day project with as much paper as I have....and no, I do not part with ANY of my Stampin' Up! stuff! I love it too too much! Have a wonderful Friday and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I will let you know how the sale goes. Toodles!

33 comments:

Manna said...

This is way cool! Love the colour combo and the curvy strip. Great job!

Lauren said...

The way you threaded the jumbo eyelets is fabulous. Good luck with your sales!

Dottie K. said...

I love the colors on this card. Yes your flower matches perfectly. It's so pretty! :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow, wow, wow. That card is absolutely gorgeous. I need to find me some of those large eyelets...they're awesome! Beautiful...just beautiful.

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card!
Such pretty papers..
and great colors.
The Jumbo eyelets are
the perfect addition!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Alex. Love Rose Ann's RAK as well.
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

these are two great cards,love the grommets, or "large eyelets" good luck and hope you come home carrying money only.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeos card! The flower is perfect :)
Cyndi

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Are you selling SU sets? OMG, that would be fabulous, and I really wish I could be there! Good luck with your sale!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

It would be nice if I commented on the card too, wouldn't it? GREAT job! I love the color combination!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is gorgeous, Alex!! I love the jumbo eyelets, pretty papers, and brad you build!! Awesome!!

I am so blushing here!! Thanks for the super kind words!! I'm so glad you like your card!!

Ana Baird said...

They're stunning and beautiful!

My Paper World said...

BEAUTIFUL Alex! and lucky, lucky you, recieving that fab RAK from Rose Ann!
Good luck with the sale! Have a great weekend!
Hugs!
Nicola xx

Vicki said...

You better get everything together and priced, lol. Remember to be willing to discount so you don't have to bring anything home. Isn't it nice to have some extra room. Love your card and the one you got for a rak. Very pretty cards. Now back to trying to get my stuff together for the 12 hour crop tomorrow. Was suppose to have most of it done yesterday but I was helping a friend purge her stuff, roflol.

Jennifer Buck said...

I love what you did with the Page Plans sketch! Your card is awesome! Very creative touch with the ribbons and eyelets! Great job! TFS! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like this! I love the colors of this paper collection. Very cool sketch and a great way to use those jumbo eyelets. Wonderful job!

Chris said...

i love it!! the jumbo eyelets really make it...good luck on the yard sale!! >"<

Deborah said...

You did such a grat job on this card! Love your free hand wave and lacing! Not quite Navy really works well here! Rose Ann's cards are truly amazing and so special! Kick butt this weekend!(wink) Hugs, Deb

Louise F NZ said...

I LOVE your touch of nature card, the jumbo brads look fabulous.

jjcreations said...

I love your blue card....the brads, the bit of a wave and the stamp set. I've been quite partial to Touch of Nature myself lately......maybe because it's taken so long for nature to unwrap itself from the cold this spring. Joan

Courtney said...

These are just gorgeous, Alex!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous card Alex! I wish you luck and much fun today in your sale! I hope you "clean house"! {SMILES}

Natalie said...

Great card, I love the eyelets and ribbon. x

Anonymous said...

Love the thank you card Alex! i wish I could go to your yardsale!

kathleenh said...

Pretty card Alex! I love how you used the build a brad in the middle of the flower too! Rose Ann's card is beautiful! You have to try one of her flap cards-they are easy and fun!

Kim Marie said...

Love Fridays! And your card!
Pretty!
Kim Marie

Shannon McGann said...

I love the navy/moss combination on your card. And the ribbons and eyelets looks amazing! Wonderful card! I admire you for purging your scrap room - you know what a hoarder I am - I could never part with anything, even if I don't use it (sad, isn't it!?). :) I hope the sale goes well for you.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous card, Alex and what a lucky girl to have a RoseAnn original!

Anonymous said...

Orange YOU cute!
Adorable Alex! Love it!
Glad to hear you had fun at the NSD Yard Sale!
XOXO

Melissa said...

Fab-U-lous!!

M.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and RAK! ;)

Anonymous said...

both cards are beautiful!!

Risa said...

Another beautiful card and your RAK is pretty also!
malieta:)