April 24, 2008

JUST B CUZ

Oh, I think this is becoming one of my favorite sets!! I love the versatility of the Just B stamp set - I have seen so many fabulous projects done with it and so I finally broke down and ordered it and have been stamping with it all week! (shhhh....don't tell the doc!) I have been resting my hand, it is still verrrrry sore, but not creating makes me depressed, so it's either stamping or Prozac - although I think Prozac may be the cheaper habit - LOL! So anyway, I made this fun little card using colors I NEVER hardly ever use on a card - basic black and yoyo yellow card stock! But, it really worked for the theme, I mean come on, it IS bees, *wink*! So, I went with it! Everything on this card is Stampin' Up! except the little chipboard B, seems I am out of mine from SU! (note to self order more - oh wait, there is a chipboard special next month, whoohoo!) so I had to use one from my stash, but I covered it in yoyo yellow classic ink and then stamped the bees all over it and it fits right in! I cute the little bee image out and popped it up on dimensionals as well - isn't it cute??!! I will leave you with a full recipe below so if you have any questions, just holler!! Or as my friend Roxy says, "holla"!

Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Black card stock, YoYo Yellow card stock, So Saffron card stock
Inks - Black Stazon, YoYo Yellow Classic Stampin' Ink, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Stamps - Just Be Stamp Set
Accessories - Basic Black and YoYo Yellow narrow grosgrain ribbon, Black Brad, Mat Stack and Paper Piercer, Ticket Corner Punch, Large and Small Oval Punches, Corner Rounder, Stampin Dimensionals

34 comments:

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, and you're right...the yellow and black looks great! I love all of your special touches, and the chipboard! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love how you did the frame around the bee. Awesome woman!

Hearts, Christie

Natalie said...

Fab card, I love the layout and the colours are perfect. x

Manna said...

Great card, Alex! Love the cheery colours! Keep us posted after your MD appointment today. And hope your hand is on the mend!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

BEEEEEEEEEEE-A-U-TEEEEEEEE-FUL, Alex....this one has MY name on it!! LOL....thanks for a wonderful design!
You're the BESTEST!
creative blessings, Debbie

pescbrico said...

Really beautiful! I love this a lot! Have a wonderful day :)

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is so cute. I love how you did the verse on this card. Great colors. :)

Robyn said...

Totally cute!!

Dawn Easton said...

Alex! This is fabulous!! I love it! You are making ME want this set now ;) LOL!
Hope your hand gets better soon! I know it's crazy when someone says not to stamp...that's when I think they are crazy for sure! Stamping keeps my sanity!

Lauren said...

This card is so happy - love it! I hope you receive good news from the MD.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Adorable again!

Deb said...

This is so sweet, love the stamp set and this fab paper, bee-utiful!

Erin... said...

yep you needed to use black and yellow for this one!! love it!!! that little b is super cute!

Anonymous said...

This is sweet Alex! I have this set but haven't done much with it, guess I will have to get busy with it now! Don't overdo with the hand hun!!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

beeeeeeautiful card Alex and love these stamps!!!! make sure and rest your hand!!! :) hugz xx

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Aw, this is so cute! I love it! I sure hope your hand feels better soon! That has got to be so annoying!

Wendy said...

Adorable card, Alex! Take care of your hand, even though you feel rambunctious!!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am so in love with bees right now and this card is C_U_T_E!

Shannon McGann said...

This card just POPS! It's wonderful! I never use Yoyo Yellow and Black either, but it sure works for this card! Great job!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Hi alex,
Beautiful card, i do not have this set yet but I can see why it's becoming your favorite. Love the gorgeous colors.
tfs and thanks for stopping by my blog and checking it out.
You have a beautiful family.
ditto

suzann said...

I can see why you like this set, it is so cute and your card is adorable.

Melissa said...

Sooooo sweet! I love black and yellow together because things always pop!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Super cute, that reminds me...I need to dust that stamp set off and make something :)

Diane said...

BeeUtiful Alex!!! What a great set!
Have a wonderful friday!

Dawn♥ said...

OM heaven what a beautiful card! Love the colors and design! :)

Ila said...

This is just the Cutest!! love the colors and layout!!

corinnesomerville said...

Love this card, girlie !!! Dawn Griffith uses this set a lot and I'm thinking that I will need this set soon too....I think you're right...Prozac probably would be cheaper but I'm sure stamping is a better and longer "high" !!! But having said that...you do need to take care of yourself !!! Can you hear me saying that in my best mothering voice !!! :)
Have a good day my friend !

Carolyn King said...

just sooo cute! love this--adorable stamps but esp love how you used them!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how cute! Love that chipboard too!

Louise F NZ said...

This is so cute, what a great set.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute Alex! Love the black and yellow, awesome choice for this set. great details too. :)

Lesli said...

What a great card - I love it!!!

Risa said...

This card is so pretty Alex, I love the color combo!!
Take it easy on your hand and arm...OK?!
malieta:)

Katie said...

Such a cute little card. Excellent colour choice Alex!

Katie
x