February 1, 2008

A LITTLE BOX OF GOODIES

Yahoo - Friday at last!! I don't know about you, but this seemed like a REALLY long week to me!! Maybe because my daughter was home with the stomach flu for three days - ughhh!! If there is one thing I hate cleaning up...well, you get the picture! Today I want to share with you a little treat box that I saw on Cambria's blog. I had asked her for the directions and she was kind enough to post them on her blog. If you have never seen her creations, you are really missin' out because she has mad stampin' skills! Thanks Cambria! So, here is the box. The one thing about this box I did find out is you must be VERY precise with your scoring because if you are off even a teeny little bit, it does not fold correctly (this was my second attempt - LOL!) But, once you get it, it comes together pretty quickly! As you can see, the box comes together on each side with my favorite embellishment (this week *wink*) jumbo eyelets. You just thread the ribbon through each side (I used Pixie Pink ribbon)and it pulls the box together. I used Kraft for my base and stamped the little flower all over it from Happy Heart. It is stamped in Pixie Pink ink and highlighted with my white gel pen. That is all there is to it! The cello bag is actually a medium size and I think the large would look better inside this box. But, I did not have any, so medium it is. I stamped the outside of the bag with the little butterfly from Happy Heart and used white stazon. It is hard to see in this picture but it looks really cute IRL. The tag is actually from the same stamp set mounted on Kraft and Pixie Pink punched tags and highlighted again in gel pen. Then, I used chocolate chip ribbon through another jumbo eyelet that you cannot see in the picture. If I had to do it all over again, I would not do this - I would just pull the bag together and tie with wide ribbon. Here is another picture showing it from another angle. I really like this little box and think it has great potential for many different types of gifts so I see myself playing around a little with this one. And now, to answer a few of your questions. Some of you wanted to know what song I sang - it was Martina McBride's Concrete Angel. I am a HUGE country music fan so that is pretty much all I listen to. The other question was did I have to stand up in front of everyone and sing and the answer is YES! It IS a little nerve racking but I really had fun and I would do it again! Now, on to the facts. Today is
FACT #5
I love to read and I am an avid reader. I read probably two to three books a week! It is my escape, a lot like stamping is. I read mostly thrillers and political fiction and share this passion with my oldest son who reads everything that I read. So, we save money on books - LOL!

That's it for me today. I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend!!!

20 comments:

BarbK said...

How cute is this! I love it, but am definitely challenged when it comes to making things like this.

Amber Porter said...

Super cute container! Stomach flu, UGH!! I hope you don't get it!!
I love to read too and am in a book club!! Unfortunately, being a full time student cuts down on my reading for enjoyment. Instead it's textbook reading! UGH!! Have you read kiterunner? That was one of my favorites!! I also loved the Lovely Bones, Water for Elephants, Thousand Splendid Suns, Virgin of the small plains.....those are a few of my favorites off the top of my head!

Alhambra Club said...

This box is adorable, love those big eyelets. Hope your daughter is feeling better, don't want to be sick for the weekend.

Alhambra Club said...

This box is adorable, love those big eyelets. Hope your daughter is feeling better, don't want to be sick for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great box!!! OK, I'm freaking out and want to email it to you but I'll post it for you....I can meet you at convention!!! I think we are going to take a family trip this summer!!! I am SO excited!!!!! I just want to give you a huge squeeze but the computer tower will have to do!!!! Can't wait!!!! I hope you're family is feeling better soon!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is beautiful Alex!!! thanks for your sweet words, hope you have a fab weekend xx

Lou Sims said...

WOW - I can't get over how creative you are! I save all your descriptions of the wonderful things you make and will have to be brave and give them a go !
ps - I'vealso tagged you ! Full details are on my blog.

Tracy.H said...

Very cute! I saw this too...love those big eyelets...need to get some of those too! :0)

pescbrico said...

This is really great! I wish you a great weekend. I'm so happy it's Friday too :)

Nikki Bond said...

What an adorable box Alex!!! Love the flowers your hubby gave you too! Looks like he treats you right! {SMILES}

My Paper World said...

Oooooh! I love your cute box Alex, it's so pretty!
have a great weekend!
Nicola xx

Shannon McGann said...

This box is so adorable! I'm just going to have to CASE everything you do! LOL!

I can't believe you have time for all your stamping and reading three books a week as well! You go girl! :)

I hope your daughter's feeling better. It's no fun being sick.

Risa said...

Ohhhhh...I love the box of goodies Alex. I hope your daughter is feeling better and I love to read also. Thank you for your warm and kind comments Alex, they really made my day!
malieta:)

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Very cute goodies!!
I'm a big reader too!! what's some of your favorites?

Deborah said...

You are really the whole package Alex! Your fold, wrap, cut,add embellies and bows, and make great creations! You are an excellent SU! demo queen! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Cute box especially with those jumbo eyelets! Hope your daughter is feeling better. BTW, I'm spreading the love...you've been tagged! ;)

Melissa said...

Awesome!

Rose Ann said...

You did a fabulous job with your box!! Love it!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is really cute! Stomach flu . . yuck! I hope she is feeling better!

Diane said...

Sweet!!!Love those colors together!
You did an awesome job!TFS!