September 11, 2007

WE MUST NEVER FORGET

Today marks the 6th anniversary of the terrible things that happened on that September 11th. We must never forget the people lost, the families forever altered, the children who no longer have their parents, and the service men and women who to this day are serving in the War on Terror to prevent this from happening again. I think this day touched everyone's lives on one way or another - I too lost good friends on that day. But, we must always remember them, honoring their memory by staying strong and resolute as Americans, and never backing down from the threat. We cannot forget that there are still people out there who want to harm what we stand for, the beliefs our country is built on, the freedom we still have. Keep those who have made the ultimate sacrifice close in your minds and in your hearts, and remember that those surviving without loved ones relive that day of horror over and over. For those people, I will always remember.

8 comments:

Deborah said...

Amen to your post! I feel the same way, a chill comes over me each year upon this day. It was like no other I have experienced before. Blessings to all of the people related to this tragedy and I salute ours and many other troops for their efforts so we can have our freedom! TFS - Deb

dasimonds said...

Thank you so much for such a
Beautiful post...Amen !
We will NEVER forget this day.
It still breaks my heart...
God bless !!

Sharon said...

I will never forget either. We had a very touching prayer service at school today. It almost brought me to tears when the whole school sang Let there be peace and several other American songs. Another reason I wont forget is because that was my first day of teaching at my school. I had never taught lower than fourth grade and now I was in first grade. The principal came in and told me to close my door and not let any kids out of the room. I had no idea what was going on. Try being stuck in a room full of 27 six year olds who you don't even know. It was an experience!
Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog.

Dawn Easton said...

Alexandra, this is lovely. I'm not American but you are right, that day touched everyone in some way. I'll never forget the horror and the tears. I said to my husband tonight at dinner, As soon as I opened the newspaper this morning I knew what day it was. This date will forever be etched in our minds. God bless all those protecting all of us around the world.

joslyn said...

love this post. i agree! nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone else did a 9/11 post. It's nice to be able to share and remember the tragedy through our blogs.

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

I'm not American but I just wanted to say it's lovely to see your tribute to all those poor people who were effected.

I watched a program last night on 9/11 and it just bought so much back to me, just couldn't imagine how those that lost loved ones coped for the months it took to find their loved ones... so very very sad.

xxxx

Heather P. said...

Thank you for that beautiful post, Alex!! You are too right... Unfortunately, there will always be people that want to harm America and everything we stand for. We must never forget what we felt in that moment. What an incredibly sad day...