July 8, 2007

HAPPY SUNDAY - I LOVE STAMPING AND STAMPERS!

Good morning all! What a great day this is going to be! My son from the Naval Academy gets to make his first phone call home at 4pm today (yes, the phone is with me everywhere I go) - whooppeeee! It is only four minutes BUT I get to hear my baby's voice and tell him how much I love and miss him! His brother and sister are really excited too! Sadly, my DH is in MN on business so he misses out and he is pretty bummed about that!

Ya know, when I decided to get involved in SU! I never dreamed of the intangible benefits you receive - yes, you get the discount, and get to work doing what you love BUT I have found the most important thing to me is the friendships I have made. It absolutely amazes me how blessed I am to have met the wonderful gals I have met! My upline is my hero - Kimberly is the most giving, selfless, fun, and loving person I have met in a VERY long time. Meeting her and having her as a friend has been great for me, especially lately with all the changes in my life. So, here's to all the great stampin' friends we all have met and will meet in the future!
Okay, I actually do have a card to post, I just had to wax poetic first - LOL! Here it is: I have to
tell you I am loving the new in colors - especially purely pomegranate and groovy guava - they are definitely my favorite! For this card, I used the new petals set and I think it came out pretty good! I cut each petal out and popped them up on dimensionals, cut the center flower piece in half and lined it up on the edge of the card so it looks like only half the flower and used my blender pen and markers to color them all. I love it! I did paper pierce the edges, I couldn't help it! I also used dimensionals for the stamped sentiment and added a piece of black ribbon to make it pop! Then, I used my word window punch to add a little something to the bottom of the card. I hope you like it!
Card recipe: (all products are SU!)
Cardstock: groovy guava and purely pomegranate
Stamp set: Pick a Petal
Accessories: word window punch, black brads, large oval punch, mat stack, basic black grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, black stampin write marker, groovy guava and purely pomegranate ink pads, and blender pen

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Very pretty card. Love the pick a petal set you used.

Mandie Mimulus said...

Hi!

I was admiring your blog and have “tagged” you on my blog. You do beautiful work!

My blog: http://lapapeterie.blogspot.com/

P.S. I hope I am doing this correctly because I was just tagged for the first time. I have posted the steps you must follow for your tagging. Do Enjoy!

Marie