February 19, 2009

TAMARA'S SKETCH CHALLENGE

Here it is, Thursday again.....I can't believe it!!! I have to drive to Sacramento today for an appointment (2.5 hours), so this will be a quick post! This is the card I did for Tamara's sketch challenge this week - great sketch, simple but fun! I decided to use my new flower embosslit so I used Riding Hood Red, then covered the die cut in Versamark, added some Iridescent Ice and heat, and voila!! I purdy flower!! The center of the flower is one of our new and very cool corduroy brads, which I love. The sentiment is also embossed using clear embossing! Very simple as I said, but I like how it turned out!! Please make sure you take time to head over to Tamara's and check out what the rest of the DT gals did, they are really talented, and will knock your socks off with their creativity! And, if you decide to play along, make sure you upload your link so we can check out your take on the sketch!!! I will be back tomorrow for Stamp Something Friday - I am hosting, so don't miss it!! And, if you have not registered for my blog candy, you still have time, the post is here, so check it out!! Thanks for stopping by!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Sage Shadow, Naturals Ivory card stock, Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper
Inks - Black Craft Ink, Old Olive Classic Ink
Stamps - Petal Pizazz
Accessories - Heat Gun, Clear and II embossing powder, Ticket Corner Punch, Scalloped Edge Punch, Old Olive narrow grosgrain ribbon, So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon, Embosslit(Big Shot), Summer Sun Corduroy Button

33 comments:

Deb said...

fabulous card Alex, the flower looks stunning with the iridescent ice on it and I love the corduroy brad!
Have a great day! Debx

Denise Marzec said...

I love that shimmery flower!! Good luck at your appointment and have a safe drive.

Courtney said...

Great take on that sketch! Good luck with your long drive today! Five hours in the car is NOT fun!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my Alex love the beautiful colors of your card. That flower is so pretty and perfect on this card! Hugs, Dawn ♥

Nikki Bond said...

This is fantastic Alex! Love the colors you chose and the flower is shimmery...nice touch! That corduroy brad is the perfect touch too! I sooo have to get me some of those! {SMILES}

Dottie K. said...

Beautiful card Alex. Love the sparkle on the flower. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Very pretty flower!!! Love that button in the middle...it's fabulous Alex!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Very pretty, Alex! Love it!

Lauren said...

Great card Alex. I love the way the flower center just pops out because of it's color and texture.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great card, I like the brad center. The shimmer is a great touch as well!

Anonymous said...

Yes, such a purdy flower! I love these embosslits and love what you did with it with the embossing and cordorouy button!

Natalie said...

This is lovely Alex, I love the big flower. x

Krista B. said...

Geat card, I love that flower :)

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Alex and the flower is awesome!
Have a safe journey to your appointment and on your return home.
hugs
Risa:)

Michelle said...

Great card Alex. Love the yellow corduroy button.

Carol said...

Alex, your lovely flower makes me think of spring, and i am SO looking forward to it!!

Hugs
Carol x

Deborah Anton said...

Beautiful!! Love the shimmer!!

Lisa H. said...

wow! this turned out gorgeous! look at all your new goodies on this one card-I need some of those corduroy buttons/brads in summer sun! tfs!

Marlou McAlees said...

love this card Alex , and love the colours!!! very pretty indeed :) ♥

Carolyn King said...

great job---what a pretty card. LOVE how you did the flower center!

Diane said...

Ooh I like it alot!!!!

Latisha said...

very pretty, I love how you embossed it too

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute!!

Lee said...

Oh that flower is sooo cool!!! I LOVE the shimmer and glitz!!! And I'm behind on the times....embossit eh???

Katie said...

This is fabulous Alex. I love the how you have made the flower, it is so pretty.

Katie
x

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Alex!! I love the springy colors and that lovely flower!!...Hugs, Ila

Dani said...

This is so pretty! Fabulous job!

Manna said...

This is way cool! The flower looks great!

Rose Ann said...

I love your beautiful embossed flower with that corduroy button!! So very pretty, Alex!!

Chris said...

very pretty! i like the colors you
chose for this...>"<

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is just gorgeous Alex!! I really love that flower!! So beautiful!! TFS! :)

Louise F NZ said...

Love the flower with the shimmer, it looks great.

Becky G said...

Great card, Alex! I love the flower with all it's shimmer! Fun stuff!

Hugs~Becky