February 20, 2009

STAMP SOMETHING - 3D SOMETHINGS

Whoohooo!! It's Friday all, and time for the Stamp Something challenge which I am lucky enough to host this week!! I asked the DT gals to come up with something 3d - anything they liked, but 3d!! Well, needless to say they blew me away with their creativity - how beautiful and creative all of their projects are!!! I decided for my sample that I would try my hand at one of these little round top boxes I have seen floating around - there is a great template on Splitcoast for this if you care to give it a whirl!! I am using mine as a Hostess gift so it is filled with little chocolates and such, but I see a lot of uses for this little cutie!! I decided to use my Good Morning Sunshine paper because I love how it looks with my Pacific Point paper!! I also used my new Big Shot Die that makes these awesome little birds - aren't they fabulous??!!! And, that giant flower you see on top? Well, it really sparkles since I added Iridescent Ice with Versamark, I love it!! So, make sure you head on over to the Stamp Something Site to see what the other gals did AND if you decide to give this on a try, upload your link to the site so we can all see it!!! I am sponsoring the blog candy this week as well so this is what I will be giving away to the lucky winner:
(1) a 6x6 package of Making Memories Kids Collection
(2) Two packages of flower embellies
(3) One new roll of American Crafts ribbon
(4) A Mom's Day flower stamp
(5) Bazzill fabric flowers
Good luck to all of you - I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!
Box Recipe:
Paper - Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron Card stock, Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper
Inks - Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard stampin' Inks
Stamps - Petal Pizazz
Accessories - Big Shot Birds and Branches Sizzlits Long Die, Scallop Circle Punch, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons, Versamark, Iridescent Ice, Embossing Heat Gun, 1/8 inch Circle Punch, Flower Brads

33 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

Girlie....you knocked this one out of the park !!!!!!!! Gorgeous job on the box...way to go !!!

Love ya and miss ya

Deb said...

this is so sweet Alex, such a beautiful box!
Have a great day, Debx

Dawn Easton said...

GREAT round top box Alex! It was a nice quick template to work with eh?~ Love the bird you added to the sunflower....very pretty!

Michelle said...

Super round top box. I love the colors you used the little bird is sweet! Have a great weekend!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great project Alex. Love the papers and the bright cheerful colors. Fabulous flower and bird accents. This will make a great gift. :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This is GREAT! I'm inspired...I just might make one!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree with Corinne, Alex - you knocked this challenge out of the park. I love the box and I've got to look up the fabulous bird die cut. Interesting, isn't it that it's easy to miss a gem until you see something amazing done with it? You're amazing, girl!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is adorable, Alex! I LOVE it!

Ila said...

What a Gorgeous project!! I love the way you decorated this box!! Have a Great Weekend Alex!!...Hugs, Ila

Dani said...

Ooo, love the box! So cute!

Emily said...

This is beautiful Alex! What a great box! I love that paper and the bird!

Melissa said...

Simply fabulous Alex! Thanks for hosting my friend!

Many Blessings,
M.

Wendy said...

So pretty.....the perfect hostess gift! I'll have to go scope out the template.

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous little box Alex, so beautifully decorated. Hugs Nikki x

Manna said...

This is very sweet, Alex! Love the little birdies!

Heather P. said...

This is very pretty! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your box is wonderful,and so pretty too!! I love it!! Hugs!!

Ana Baird said...

fabulous box Alex! have a great weekend!

Lauren said...

This is so cute Alex. So sunny and cheerful!

Chris said...

super cool box!! love it!! great challenge...>"<

Anonymous said...

What a cool project! That sunflower really catches my eye!

Nikki Bond said...

Love love love this box Alex! The colors you chose are gorgeous! Have a GREAT weekend! {SMILES}

Lynn said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! Love the paper with Pacific Point. The shape of the box is super cute and LOVE that bird...I think I need that die too!:-)

Anonymous said...

I've been seeing these boxes on SCS but haven't tried it yet. Yours turned out so pretty! I love those papers!

Anonymous said...

Love the box Alex. I was seeing many great gift ideas with this box!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! How gorgeous!! What a beautiful box!! Way to go on the challenge girl!! TFS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute girlie!! Love this!!

Angie Tieman said...

Love your little box! Looks precious with that paper!

Risa said...

Your project is super awesome Alex!
hugs
Risa:)

Corie said...

This little box is just darling

Deb M. said...

Love your chocolate box, Alex. Beautiful work!!

TFS...

Lee said...

How amazingly cute and sweet!!! I've got to try making one!!

Jess said...

Love your challenge this week and had fun participating. You candy holder is so cute!