February 15, 2009

SCRAPBOOK SUNDAY

Hi all!! I hope you had a fabulous Valentines Day - I know I did!! I was totally spoiled with breakfast, flowers, chocolate, and then a romantic dinner made by my adoring husband - yep, I am one lucky woman!!! I even was able to get some stamping done!! Today I actually want to share a layout I did a while ago for a contest that I did not win, but hey, I love the page anyway! I used some clear transparency pieces which I stamped on, as well as the giant flower which I inked up! The title is made using the Onboard Lots of Letters which I also inked in white and edged in black. The pics are from when my oldest was home over the Christmas holidays and him, his gf Nikki, and my dd went hiking around the property with our lab Dexter. I was playing with my new camera so the pics are not the best, but I wanted to scrap them anyway! I did add some color back into the pics (the bushes) but just enough to make the pics stand out! I was really pleased with this layout, and although I lost out to a dinosaur page, I am okay with that - LOL! Thanks for stopping by all and make sure you tune in tomorrow for some fabulous stamp projects I have been working on as well as BLOG CANDY!!! Whoohoo!!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

23 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful lo Alex, love the gorgeous photo and the beautiful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Tracy.H said...

This is such a beautiful layout!! Sounds like a wonderful Valentines Day. I was lucky enough to be surprised with 4 more Copics! :0)

Deb said...

oh wow, this is stunning Alex, very striking with fabulous photos!
Hope you are having a great weekend! Debx

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome page! It has such a "cool" feel!

Melissa said...

You have my vote! This page totally rocks!

Many Blessings,
M.

PS - Do you photograph your pages laying down?

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Holy smokes...this is gorgeous!

pescbrico said...

What an outstanding page! Very classy and beautiful!

Corie said...

This is beautiful -- love the black and white

Michelle said...

What a beauty of a layout Alex. Glad you had a super Valentine's.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout Alex. I love to see your layouts!
I hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday.

Wendy said...

Wonderful LO! You totally should have won! Sounds like you had a great V-Day and were properly spoiled! :)

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Rose Ann said...

Your page is gorgeous, Alex!! I love the monochromatic look and how elegant this is!! Hugs!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

WoW, this is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! THsi is so so gorgeous!! I love it!! :)

jjcreations said...

This is wonderful. Great layout.

Natalie said...

This is a beautiful page Alex. x

Dawn♥ said...

WOW what a stunning layout! ♥ the design and those papers! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Alex, this is a gorgeous page! I don't know what the dinosaur page looked like but yours looks like a winner to me!

Dani said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the elegant feel to it! Great job!

Risa said...

Your layout is awesome Alex! The B&W photos really give an extra something to scrapbook pages. TFS!!!
Glad to hear that you were spoiled and pampered on Valentine's Day...you go girl!
hugs
Risa:)

Marilyn said...

I love this page Alex - the b/w is a perfect color scheme! Glad you had a fabulous V-day too! This year I had one of the best Valentine's Days too - wonderful when your family spoils you huh!

Heather P. said...

What a gorgeous layout! Simply stunning. :)

Manna said...

This is GORGEOUS and ELEGANT! Love it!