November 21, 2007
Here it is - Thanksgiving. A time to reflect on all the good things in our lives, to remember our family members, friends, and those who cannot be with us. As we head into this holiday, please remember that their are so many sailors, soldiers, and Marines overseas who are fighting the war and will not be with their loved ones this year. Because of them, we have the privelege of being safe with our families here in the United States. I wish each and ever one of you a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving! God Bless!
November 19, 2007
Hi all! Hope you had a good Monday! My husband and I spent the day looking at new couches for the house and I think we have it narrowed down. It was nice to do something fun together. So, here are the two pages I promised this morning! These are pictures of my two kids - my son was a ghoul and my daughter was a snow queen. I used basic black for the base of each page, old olive to back the pictures with, and ran ribbon across the top and down the sides. It is a double sided May Arts ribbon that I just love. I used my corner ticket punch on the pictures. The spiders are cut out using a die cut machine. The eyes are tiny black brads from my stash. I did my journaling on tags that I cut out of shimmery gray cardstock to look like tombstones and I added some bat ribbon I had in my stash to bring out the Halloween feel. The bats I actually cut out of some DP because they were dimensional and I just love how they look flying at the top of the page! I love these two pages because my kids were having so much fun together. I hope you enjoy them as well. Oh, and to answer the question of size - these are 6x6 pages that will go in a really cute popup album that I will show you all completely put together as soon as I have finished all the pages! So, there you have it!
Happy Monday everyone! It was truly a very busy weekend here laying the new wood floors in my house. I have to say, this is a very long and hard process but we are more than halfway there and should be finished with them this week - yippee!! Meanwhile, I was tagged by a very special blogging friend Shannon for the Encouraging Blogger Award - how nice is that?!! I love Shannon's blog, she is uber talented, so go and check her out! And, I will now tag some folks who have been very encouraging to me in my blogging efforts! Here they are:
(1) Kathleen at My Happy Place. She is extremely talented and shows many SU! projects and ideas which I find extremely inspiring as a SU! demo myself. She is always willing to share her awesome creations and is a warm and friendly person.
(2) Charmaine at Oodabug Alley. Charmaine is one of the most creative people I have every "met" - there is not a project she has done that I have not fallen in love with. She is very friendly and I love "talking" with her. Charmaine just had a beautiful baby boy so go over and congratulate her!
(3) Heather at Witty Title Here. This girl has got it going on, let me tell you! She is very very creative and I love her projects!
(4) Pam at Stamping With Serendipity. Pam does wonderful work and I look forward to visiting her blog every single day! She is wonderfully warm person who I love to "chat" with.
(5) Debbie at StudioBeeCreations. Debbie does amazing things on her blog and she has such a great sense of humor - she always puts a smile on my face!
These five women are very encouraging to me because they always take the time to visit my blog and leave very nice, encouraging comments which makes me want to keep on posting and creating. Thanks to all of you! Of course, there are several more I could have listed, but I am following the rules!! I will post some pages a little later, promise!