February 16, 2009

OUR CREATIVE CORNER SKETCH CHALLENGE

Happy Monday all!! This weekend went by really fast!! What with Valentines Day and then the Daytona Race yesterday, I was busy constantly!! My in-laws came over before lunch yesterday and stayed until late last night so I entertained a lot! Even though the race was rained out before it was over, they hung out anyway, lol!! We had a nice time though! I did manage to squeeze in time to do the Our Creative Corner sketch challenge which is a first for me!! What a fun sketch, I loved playing around with it. I decided to use my owls again along with some really fun dp called Good Morning Sunshine - oooh, there are some cute patterns in this pack!!! And, it goes soooo well with Pacific Point, which I have wanted to play with, but have not really gotten a chance to! I enjoyed making this card as it is for a good friend of mine that is always there for me and makes me laugh even when I really have nothing to laugh about!! I hope she likes it!! Thanks so much for stopping by - and make sure you pop back in as I am going to post my blog candy for you all here in just a bit after I run the kiddos to their various activities!! See you then!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, Whisper White card stock, Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper
Inks - Brown Stazon Ink, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers
Stamps - Owl Together Now
Accessories - Designer Label Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch, Old Olive Brads, Scalloped Edge Punch, Old Olive narrow grosgrain ribbon, Paper Piercer and Mat Stack

24 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Alex, love the cute images and the wonderful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Nikki Bond said...

Beautiful Alex! LOVE those colors together and loved how you used circles on the owls....very clever! {SMILES}

corinnesomerville said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your in laws. I love your card and you're wearing me down about this stamp set...it's starting to really grow on me..thanks to you :)!!!

Love ya and miss ya....as always !

Dawn♥ said...

Beautiful looking card!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Cute card! I love the circles of owls!

Lou Sims said...

Great card Alex and those owls are adorable.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is the sweetest card!! Love those owls!! TFS! :)

Debbie Yates said...

Great card Alex - I love the color combo...just striking!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love the different owls, Alex! great card!

Rose Ann said...

Your owls are so cute, and I love the colors, papers, and layout!!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time entertaining the family!! Hugs!!

Dani said...

Ooo, I just ordered that paper! Love the card, such cute owls!

Deb said...

very sweet card, love these owls, they are a hoot, lol! Have a great evening, Debx

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love owls! This is very cute! Glad you had fun yesterday!!

Marlou McAlees said...

Alex you did an amazing take on the sketch and I adore the owls!!! :) hugzz x

Cindy Haffner said...

Your owls are a hoot.

suzann said...

These owls are just too cute. Love the card.

Denise Marzec said...

Yeah, it was kinda a let-down that Daytona got rained out...doesn't make for a very exciting finish. However, I can't complain too much...Kevin got 2nd!

Your owl card is adorable. Love what you did with the OCC sketch!

Risa said...

What an adorable card! I just love the owls and your color combo totally rocks!!
hugs
Risa:)

Angie Tieman said...

How cute!! Love the owl trio!!

Andrea said...

Love those owls..very cute card!

Wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Proximity award...see my blog post for the details. Have a great day!

http://craftyengineering.blogspot.com/2009/02/upcoming-class-and-awards.html

Ila said...

Fabulous card Alex!! love those Owls and that paper!! I'll be on the lookout for it now..lol..Sounds like you had a fun weekend!!....Hugs, Ila

Heather P. said...

This is just too cute!

Courtney said...

I do believe you knocked that sketch right out of the park! Love the owls!

Manna said...

What a fun little card! The owls are so cute!