May 22, 2008

TAMARA'S SKETCH CHALLENGE 45

Whoohoo, it's Thursday - you know what that means doncha??!! Another fabulous sketch from Tamara! I am having the best time with this DT - it is so fun to put my own personal take on each sketch. So, here is mine for this week! I decided on some fun, summery colors for this one - I am so ready for summer and school to be out! The kids have three more weeks to go - no more homework, yippee! So, this card is to remind me that it is coming! The base of this card is Pretty in Pink card stock which I then layered with Spring Fling Designer Series Paper. I used my Ticket Corner Punch and then did some double faux stitching. Then, I distressed a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock by using my tear ruler and then inking up the edges with Regal Rose Stampin' Ink. The top layer is So Saffron card stock which I punched using my Ticket Corner Punch, added two Jumbo Pewter eyelets, and threaded with some Pretty in Pink narrow grosgrain ribbon. Then, I added some stitching around the edges and sponged them with Regal Rose Stampin' Ink. The image is from the Stamp Set A Little Birdie and is stamped in Black Stazon on Whisper White card stock, then stamped again on Spring Fling Designer Series Paper and paper pieced - isn't it cute??!! I then mounted it on Pretty In Pink card stock, using my Ticket Corner Punch on both pieces, then added some So Saffron brads to each corner. The sentiment is stamped in Black Stazon on So Saffron card stock, then punched out using my Small Oval Punch and mounted on a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock that is punched out with my Large Oval Punch. Lastly, I added a piece of So Saffron narrow grosgrain ribbon, added some Regal Rose Stampin' Write marker accents around the edge, and popped it up on dimensionals! I hope you like my take on this week's sketch and I really hope you try it for yourself! Make sure you get on over to Tamara's site to see what the rest of the DT did with this fabulous sketch! Toodles!

39 comments:

Dottie K. said...

This card is beautiful. I love the colors and that dp paper is it reminds me of summer. :)

Diane said...

Oh it's beautiful!!! Love the colors and I hope summer gets here too! It's been raining since saturday,yuck!!!!!

Heather Huggins said...

Fabulous!! I love all the stitching.

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a CUTE card. It looks like the little bird wants to eat the brad (: The colors are really pretty!

corinnesomerville said...

Ahhhhh....this is way too cute !!! HEY !!!...Convention is in 68 days !!! So get your huggin' arms ready !!! I think we should start doing pushups to strenghten our arms so that we can hug each other for a very very long time :)

Lauren said...

This is super cute. The jumbo eyelets are a great touch.

kathleenh said...

Oh it's so pretty Alex! Nice and summery looking.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

totally adorable! Love the bird, love the paper piecing! It's fantastic!

Jen Glover said...

So cute and cherry! I love when you create with this stamp! Adorable. I ventured out a little and have been using my stamps. I'll email you the pics, because i'm so new to this I'm embarrased to put them in our gallery! *giggle* love ya cutie!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Awesome card Alex! I love being on Tamara's team too! It's so fun!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!! You totally ROCKED this skecth!! I just love that bird!!! Fabulous job!!
Jackie

Trudi said...

Great job on the sketch! I like what you did with it and the bird is so cute.

Deborah said...

I love birdies and your brads rock! Have a great day, hope everyone is feeling much better at your house! Take care, super hugs, Deb

Melissa said...

Super cute Alex!

Many Blessings,
M.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Sweet card Alex! Love the softness of the colors. The eyelets and ribbon look awesome too. :)

Marilyn said...

I love your take on this sketch!! Love love love the ribbon tied through the eyelets - what a cute idea!! I can't wait for school to be out either - next THursday is the big day for us - whoohoo!!

My Paper World said...

Soooo pretty Alex! xx

Manna said...

What a cute card, Alex! I like them colours!

Marlou McAlees said...

awwwwww, Alex, I loooove this card, its sooo sweet!!!! :) x

jjcreations said...

This is wonderful....I simply have to get this paper...it's so different from the stuff I have...it's bright and colourful. I love this little bird too. Very bright and cheery card.
And yes, you can post my card on your site....I'd be honoured. Joan

Chris said...

i love this card!! the colors look great together!!! i wish i was in the car...but i would get lost!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, of course!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!

Kim Marie said...

Hi Alex!
trying to catch up on blog reading...your layered cards are very beautiful and colorful! I really liked the baby box AND card! Keep submitting...your work will be picked up soon, I just know it :)

Nice RAKS too!
Kim Marie

Jens Place in Space said...

I love your card to!

Louise F NZ said...

This is just loveky, I love the subtle colours and that bird is so cute.

Sharon said...

Great card, Alex! As a teacher, I stopped giving homework last week and we get out on June 4th, we have a count down. Then I can make more card, Yipee!!!

joslyn said...

o this is great. i love that bird and great colors.

scrappermimi said...

So pretty, love it! I feel just like you, ready for the kids to be home and enjoy the summer with them. No homework and no schedule. Counting the days down.

Ila said...

I love this card!! Super Cute and Fabulous!!..love the colors, birdie and faux stitching!!

Natalie said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colours and layout. x

Anonymous said...

awesome job on the sketch Alex, love the colors

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable card, Alex!

Erin... said...

absolutely adorable

Dawn♥ said...

Hello Alex sorry haven't been around much the last week. Lots of thing going on.

I love your beautiful sweet card! I love the colors and everything else!

Risa said...

I love your card and the color combo rocks!
malieta:)

Becky G said...

I love this image and I love what you did with this weeks sketch! It's fabulous!

Rose Ann said...

Your bird is so cute,and I love the colors and papers!! Love the jumbo eyelets too!!