May 19, 2008

A BABY GIFT FOR A FRIEND - AND A DT SUBMISSION REJECT

Happy Monday all! Well, today I am going to share with you a gift set that I made for a friend who recently had a baby. He was a preemie and spent some time in the NICU but is home now and making his family very happy! The products I used are not all Stampin' Up! for this particular project because I wanted to use the Graphic 45 Baby to Bride collection. Although I will tell you, my embellishments ARE Stampin' Up! - ya know, I can't help myself!! So, first I altered a paper mache box that I filled with little baby onesies. Lots of ribbon and pearls, and sponging because I really wanted that vintage feel for this project. All of the paper used on the box is from the Graphic 45 Baby to Bride paper line and I have to tell you, I really love it! I covered every side and the bottom of the box with coordinating paper and added flowers and ribbon to the top as well as ribbon to each side. There are small half pearls added to the flowers that came from my Pretties Kit. The card is also made with a lot of the Graphic 45 line, but there are lots of Stampin' Up! items as well. The base of the card is Blush Blossom card stock, then layered with G45 dp. I used my Corner Rounder to soften the card and added a row of scallops using the Blush Blossom card stock. I made the scallops using my Slit Punch, paper pierced holes in the scallops, and added small half pearls from my Pretties Kit. The image is stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock in Brown Stazon, and is from the Stamp Set Bundled in Love. I then stamped the same image on a piece of the G45 dp and cut it out to paper piece. The bunny tail is from the end of a qtip, I just pulled it off and adhered it with a mini glue dot. The sentiment is also from the Bundled in Love stamp set and is stamped on Blush Blossom card stock in Mellow Moss Classic Stampin' Ink. Then, I added a piece of the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (love it!). I double faux stitched around the outside of the card and then single faux stitched around the inside layers. Lastly, I added two jumbo pewter eyelets and threaded some lace from my stash through them (sorry, don't remember who makes this!) I know she has received this already so I feel safe in sharing - LOL! I really hope she enjoys this small gift from me and is spending wonderful time with her little miracle now that he is home! And yes, as the title of my post says, I did submit this as a DT project but was not chosen! But, I am okay with it because I loved the project and hey, you can't make them all, right??!! Have a wonderful day and tomorrow I will be back with a really cute project - yep, all Stampin' Up!

31 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! What a great gift and card! I love both! Love the colours and all the bellies! They just don't know what they miss out by not choosing you as their DT!

Courtney said...

Ok, I don't know why it was a reject, both of these projects are wonderful!

Having a party on my blog, and you're invited! :)

Dottie K. said...

Wow she is going to love it. It's beautiful. Their loss!!! :)

Nikki Bond said...

WOW Alex! You outdid yourself on this project! This is AMAZING! You really achieved that shabby chic look and elegant too! Definitely a jaw dropper! They are going to LOVE it!!! {SMILES}

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is such a GREAT gift Alex! I love the little box, what a nice keepsake that will make. That card is oh so adorable too! Love the papers and all the details, everything! :) Sorry you didn't get chosen for the DT, it's their loss!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh my gosh, Alex, these are gorgeous!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! They're both wonderful! If they didn't choose you, they're missing out! I love your creations!!

Lori Stilger said...

What a special gift! It's beautiful - you did a great job!!!
Thanks so much for coming to check out my challenge card. :)
Have a BLESSED day!

Lauren said...

This is super cute. They are really missing out.

kathleenh said...

This is adorable Alex! It definitely has that vintagey feel to it. I bet she loves it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome gift Alex. Your friend will not reject it amd thats the most important thing!

Melissa said...

I love the vintage baby feel of it - SO cute!

I'm sorry it wasn't picked up, but don't give up! I have faith that you can do it!

Many Blessings,
M.

Tracy.H said...

What a beautiful gift set, Alex! I am sure that your friend loved it!! :0)

Marlou McAlees said...

awwww, Alex these are just adorable!!! :) xx

Natalie said...

Gorgeous, you are so clever. x

Louise F NZ said...

Fabulous gift Alex, very lucky reciepient, it's beautiful.

Erin... said...

ummm these are both fantastic!! I'd want you on my DT after seeing these!! I love that card, your bunny is so cute and the pearls look great!!

Anonymous said...

I saw these projects in person and they are AMAZING! Sorry about the DT...you are so talented and they have no idea what they're missing!
You so amazing things with the paper and stamps woman!

Michele Kovack said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!! Us "rejects" need to band together! LOL!

Melinda said...

Very cute box... So glad to hear he is O.K.

pescbrico said...

Oh this is really lovely!!! Well done!

diana higgins said...

Alex, you really did it this time! I'll bet your friend was speechless! You have talented hands and a huge heart. Diana

Risa said...

Awwww...your card and projects are beautiful Alex! You put a lot of work into this gift and I know it is very loved.
malieta:)

Deborah said...

Your box looks wrothy of any magazine! Your friend must be so glad to be home with the little sweet pea! The card is just precious too! Take care, super hugs, Deb

Debbie Yates said...

Wow...we're those judges blind??? I love the set, the colors, the softness - just too cute!

Anonymous said...

Alex, this is gorgeous! Fantastic altered box with wonderful matching box.
Hugs and smiles

Blue Daisy said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous! Stunning!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is an awesome box. Love it! I'm sorry about the DT.

Hugs,

Beth

Wendy said...

I love these, Alex....they're so pretty!!

Have a great day!
Wendy
SBS9

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Hey Sweet Friend!!!! Love this creation,as always you work inspires me. (((Hugs)))

Rose Ann said...

I love your baby card and altered box!! They both have a beautiful vintage look to them! Gorgeous, Alex!!