May 21, 2008

SBS9 MONTHLY SKETCH AND COLOR CHALLENGE!

Here it is, Wednesday again - hump day, whoohoo! So, today I am going to share a card that is for two challenges hosted by my SBS9 sistahs - the sketch and the color challenge. The color challenge this month is hosted by Louise and the colors are green and blue. The sketch is hosted by Tracy and is fabulous so make sure you check it out! I made a square card because well, I love square cards - LOL! I used my One of a Kind stamp set as it is one of my favorites and I have not pulled it out in a while. This was a really fun sketch and I see myself using it again so thanks Tracy for such a wonderful sketch this month! As for my color choices, since I had to use green and blue, I decided to go all out with it and I am pretty happy with how it turned out! I will leave you with the card recipe and as always, if you have any questions, please holla!!! My family is still sick but thankfully I have not caught it! It is a stomach bug, ughhhh! the worst! So, here is hoping I can stay healthy....I think I will just hide in my stamp room until it is all over - *wink* Have a wonderful day!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Pumpkin Pie card stock, Tempting Turquoise card stock, Old Olive card stock, Whisper White card stock, Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper
Stamp Set - One of a Kind
Inks - Black Stazon, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories - Slit Punch, Large and Small Oval Punches, Tempting Turquoise narrow grosgrain ribbon, Mat Stack and Paper Piercer, Build-a-brad, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tempting Turquoise brads, Flower Fusion felt flowers

28 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow! Love the card and colors, Alex!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is beautiful Alex! I love the bright cheerful blues and greens and oranges! So fun! Great accents too. Hope everyone is feeling better at your house. Sick is no fun!

Dawn Easton said...

Fun card Alex...love the colours!

Manna said...

This is too cute! Love all the scallops and stitches!

Lauren said...

Alex, this so cute and cheerful! You are so talented girl!

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Alex! Hope your house is feeling better soon. :0)

Diane said...

Super cute Alex!!! Hope you're all
feeling better!!!

Vicki said...

I love the colors in this card. Very Florida Gators, will have to remember this the next time I have to do a page for my Tyler. Very pretty card. Fingers crossed you stay healthy! Hugs!

Risa said...

Very pretty Alex and I love those colors!!!
malieta:)

Erin... said...

wonderful card Alex! you really rock this set!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

It's awesome, of course!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful card--loving those colors and the stitched accents.

Stay well!

Marlou McAlees said...

what an absolutley gorgeous card Alex!!! and love the colours!! hugzz xx

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Love it! The addition of the orange is awesome! Stay healthy!

Natalie said...

What a lovely card. x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a pretty card, Alex. You used so many of my favourites--pumpkin,tt, oo. Love it!

Heather Huggins said...

Awesome!! Love the colors.

My Paper World said...

Wow Alex! another stunner!
Hope your family gets better soon!
Hugs!
Nicola xx

Jen Glover said...

What a bright colorful card! I hope everyone is feeling better in your home! hugs cutie!!!

Jen Glover said...

P.S. great news! The Big Bites are on their way to the Coconut ScrapShop, yipppeee! Back in stock. Thank you for being so patient. hugs!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So beautiful, Alex! What a happy card!

Anonymous said...

Alex, this card is beautiful! I love the papers and colors you chose.
Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty and I love those colors!! I hope everyone is feeling better soon, Alex!!

Lesli said...

Great colors and design Alex!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! You are always up the challenge!
I hope your family is feeling better...I'll cross my fingers that you don't catch the bug (Mom's don't get sick, right?).

Ila said...

Your card is Fabulous!! and I love the colors!!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous Alex....love that color combo! I'm so glad you found time to create...I hope all feels better soon! {SMILES}

Louise F NZ said...

Great card Alex, I love all the dimension and texture, just gorgeous.
Don't forget to link it back to my blog to be in for the blog candy.