May 24, 2008

BEATE'S WEEKEND SKETCH CHALLENGE

Hi all! I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far! I have TONS of anniversary invitations to get done today (70) BUT I did take some time to play and make a card using Beate's sketch for the week! I will admit to having some difficulties with this one, I don't know why but I did! I finally was happy with it but it took me waaaayyyy longer than it should have - LOL! I did change the sketch slightly: instead of horizontal dp pieces, I did mine diagonal, but everything else is the same! I also stamped the G from the sentiment twice, cut one out, popped it up on dimensionals to give it some depth. I made this card for my son Tyler who will graduate from the eighth grade on the 4th of June - they have a ceremony and everything! I have mixed feelings about this - I am so proud of him, but I also want him to stay my little boy (although at 68", he is 6 inches taller than me already!) So, it is with a smile on my face, but tears in my eyes that I will watch him receive his grad diploma from middle school and join the ranks of the high school. Time is going by too fast for me! So, I will leave you with the recipe and then, back to stampin on my invites! I need to get them finished so that I can move on to my class projects - it will be all stampin' for the weekend, but none just for "fun" (although to me, it's ALL fun!) Enjoy your weekend!
Card Recipe:
Paper - Not Quite Navy card stock, Brocade Blue card stock, Naturals Ivory card stock, Western Sky Designer Series Paper
Stamp Sets - Great Grads
Inks - Not Quite Navy Classic Stampin' Ink, Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories - Brocade Blue Brads, Vintage Antique Brads, Circle Scallop Punch, Photo Corners Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mat Stack and paper piercer

27 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Difficulties???? Well you cant tell. This turned out beautifully! I love your choice of DP for this card! Wonderful rich colors! Have a GREAT Memorial weekend Alex! {SMILES}

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE it Alex! If you had a hard time, you hide it VERY well! :) Have a wonderful weekend girl!

Dawn Easton said...

Have a fabulous weekend stamping Alex! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

geminine said...

better way of expressing

kathleenh said...

Hi Alex! I really love the way this turned out! I love all of the scallop layers and the colors are great for a guy card.

My daughter is graduating from 8th grade too! They grow up too fast!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Capital "G" for gorgeous! I love the layout and the printed papers, so pretty. This is a stunner Alex! You'd never know it gave you trouble! :)

Have a super fun weekend and good luck with the anniversary stuff. I've got wedding invites to get crackin' on myself! :)

Natalie said...

Great card Alex, love the layout. x

Melissa said...

Lovely Alex!

Many Blessings,
M.

Vicki said...

That is one beautiful card. It went together perfectly. I need to make a graduation card for my nephew who is graduating from high school soon. I know I have the graduation stamp set here somewhere, lol. Give Tyler a big hug for me.

Melinda said...

Love it!!! very beautiful, Have a great weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is cute! I love the G for Graduate. Another great idea for a graduation card. These can be difficult but I think you pulled it off beautifully! Isn't it hard to see your babies grow up? He'll still always be your little boy!

Anonymous said...

Alex, your card turned out AWESOME!
Thanks so much for playing! Have a great weekend! Hugs and smiles

Latisha said...

It looks great. But I know what you mean. Sometimes I make a card and I have put so much time in it I just have to finish it. I don't know what I'm getting myself into until I realize it lol.
Have a great weekend!

Tracy.H said...

Love this color combo!

Hope you have a great long weekend!! :0)

Ila said...

What a Fabulous card!! I love how it turned out!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is beautiful!! I Love it!!

Scrappy Girl said...

Very cute! Wow, 70 invites! Sounds like a lot of stampin'!

Anonymous said...

Turned out great! Ur...I mean, it's alright.
:-)

Deb said...

Absolutely stunning card, I love the colours and gorgeous paper!

Hope you are having a fab weekend

Rose Ann said...

I think you did a beautiful job with the sketch, Alex! I don't think Beate minds when you change it up a bit. *wink* Good luck with all you have going on!! Hugs!!

jjcreations said...

I love this card Alex.....it's wonderful. I love the colours.

I had fun with this challenge...I was doing cracked glass and every time I picked up my piece I'd drop it! Happened 3 times... I truly suprized I didn't end up with cat hair all over my piece!!! Joan

Diane said...

Beautiful "G" card Alex,love the colors and paper!!
70 invitations,wow!!! Get busy girl!

Risa said...

Alex....your card is absolutely gorgeous..I love it!!!
The colors and the designer paper are beautiful and elegant, you did a fantastic job with Beate's challenge.
Have a wonderful holiday Alex!
malieta:)

Manna said...

This is totally awesome! Love all the scalloped circles and the great colours!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This is awesome...I have graduation cards to make...thanks for the inspiration!

Deborah said...

Love our card for the sketch! The blues are awesome! Take care, hugs, DEb

Chris said...

what a great looking card!! i think it was worth the work!! >"<