March 2, 2008

SO WHAT HAS ALEX BEEN UP TO????

Well, I have NOT been creating BUT I have been feverishly working to totally finish my stamp/scrap room because I had only done one side and I was tired of looking at all the stuff stacked up. So, I took yesterday and today and went to town organizing, sorting, labeling, filing, etc. I am VERY happy with the way it turned out and feel great creative things coming soon - LOL! I thought I would share pics of my room now that it is done!!! I am REALLY excited and plan to play a TON tonight!!! So, here's the grand tour: The first pic shows the french doors as you walk into my room - I love my big windows, they let in so much natural light! And, the puppies do too, you can see Clyde all curled up on his big pillow! The next three pics show where I actually sit and work - I may have shown this before, but now it has all my SU! stuff right at my fingertips! I love how much room I have for everything - it is really a nice workspace. And yes, I do have a few SU! punches - LOL! Then, you see my tower of storage - it holds all my rub-ons, chipboard, non-SU! paper, adhesive, stamps, and lots and lots of embellishments!These two show where I do all my computer work (right where I am sitting right now!) and print my pictures, etc. And, of course ,the ever present diet coke over ice! Also, I have several storage containers that hold embellishments, paper scraps, and some of my dies for my sizzix machine. And, I have my card wall where I hang all the beautiful cards I receive from wonderful folks like you! These next three show the huge wall cupboards that Tony built for me to store all of my SU! stamps and some of my SU! business supplies. They are in the top cupboard. The bottom wall cupboard stores more stamps, all my Cricut items, my light box, extra ribbon, more sizzix dies, and more stamps. Then, there is a nice workspace in between the two cupboards where my Cricut machine, sizzix machines, Xyron, and Bind-it-All are kept. Also, I have my embossing trays there for now although I have other ideas for those *wink* So, there you have it - my craft room. I love it - it is all mine, I have all my stuff exactly where I want it, there is a tv, dvd player, radio, and phone - all I need is a fridge and I will never have to leave - LOL!

FACT#30
In keeping with my post, I love to organize things. I am always reorganizing my drawers, the kitchen, cupboards, my craft things, you name it - I like it to be totally neat and uncluttered. No small feat with three kids and well, my husband *wink*. In fact, tomorrow I am going to redo HIS office - HAH! Can't wait to see what that brings!

38 comments:

Amber Porter said...

What a great organized stamping space you have!!

Kim Marie said...

wow wow wow wow wow.

that's about it.

Wow.
Kim Marie

Tracy.H said...

Wow, Alex! Your space looks awesome! It is so nice and bright. Good luck with the organizing of your hubbys space! :0)

pescbrico said...

This is great! I'm so happy to see someone that have more stuff then me! LOL :) Enjoy your new space! :)

Anonymous said...

OK....YUMMY!!!! How FAB is your room!?!? THis looks awesome! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goddness!!! You've been such a productive lady!! Good for you, Alex! Mine's a mess right now, but I know how exciting it is to have your space "in place" ... it's engergizing! Can't wait to see what you do next!

~Tex

Anonymous said...

Wow, Alex! What an awesome stamping space! I'm always organizing my stuff too...but think it's bc I have a small work space. ;) However, I don't have nearly as much fun stuff as you!!! Great job!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh my...I think you need to come to my house!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow, wow, wow, and did I say . . . WOW! Alex, your space is amazing! I absolutely, positively LOVE IT! I bet you are totally inspired when you go in that room! Enjoy!

Rose Ann said...

Your stamp room looks awesome, and I LOVE your space, Alex!!! I am showing this to my DH. ;) Have fun, and I can't wait to see what you make!!

Lou Sims said...

OMG what a fabulous space you have to create. I'm definitely going to get my OH to have a look so he can get some inspiration for me ! ! !

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Lets PARTY!!...I agree with organizing helping creativity...you did a great job with all your stuff!whoooooowhooooo
creative blessings, Debbie

Manna said...

WOW, this is totally awesome place! You did good!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW Alex! What a dream come true! If you anything at all like me you feel kind of like a gypsy moving from state to state being in the military and just dream of the day you can call a home all your own and a room like that is definitely part of my dream home! You are a very lucky women Alex! Enjoy your new, organzied space! {SMILES}

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my girl! LOVE your space!!! So bright and cheery...it's fantastic!

Cheryl KVD said...

OMG girl!!! This stamp space is a dream come true!!! Good for you!!! Congrats on winning the Coconut ScrapShop prize!!! I am SO excited that you won!! Yipppeee!!
Cheryl

~Denise Lynn~ said...

All I can say is WOW oh WOW! What a fantastic space. I'm so jealous! Looks like you were super busy all weekend. Great job though! It looks great! :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

oh and love that desk! We have the same one! Ours is in storage in the attic right now, I miss it! :)

Clair Matthews said...

Its a lovely room Alex!

P.s. I'm an extreme organizer too-and my children are the same...just need to convert hubby now!!
xxx

kathleenh said...

Looks great Alex! Would you come organize mine? My husband built me a brand new beautiful craft room and it's just a mess! I can't seem to find the time to organize it. I just want to get down to it and play with my stamping toys.

Alhambra Club said...

What a great room, I am so jealous. Love your organization.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Holy smokes, Alex, you have one awesome stamp room. Look at all those SU sets. Good for you!

Michele Kovack said...

What an AWESOME room!!!! I am totally impressed!

Melissa said...

Without a doubt, these are my favorite kinds of posts because I always find them SO inspirational!

Excellent job Alex!

Many Blessings,
M.

Deborah said...

Well deserved new craft space for you Alex! After moving all over the country and world, and serving our country you are HOME in your very own beautfiful space!The French doors are fab! Designing the layout is my current quest! I am viewing many craft room sites for ideas! Hugs, Deb

Unknown said...

WOW..WOW.. omg that is amazing!!

Jessica Lynn

My Paper World said...

It's gorgeous Alex! and you really deserve it! Thanks for sharing!
Nicola xx

Gina said...

great craft room, can I come and play :)
Gina x

Suzanne said...

wow how organized are you!!! great space and all that lovely natural light flooding in... I have been in shops with less stock than you have!!! Sue :o)

dasimonds said...

To bad we live so far apart...
I could use your help....lol
It looks great!! It is so much
easier to get stamping when all
is organized. I do not have half of your supplies (just getting started)...but I'm working in a small area and need to get more storage.
Nice Job!!!

Catherine said...

Love it!!!! Lucky duck =)

corinnesomerville said...

Okay....as much as I love you....I think I hate you !!! This space is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous !!! Just kidding..I don't hate you I just really really love your space and want it selfishly for myself :).....hehehe

Deb said...

What a fabulous crafting room and how much stuff do you have? Thank you for showing us your craft haven!

Louise F NZ said...

I am so green eyed monster.... one day I'll post a pic of my corner of our family room.

Ashley said...

Oh, Alex! You are so organized!! I love love love it! I think you need to fly over here to Indiana and help me! LOL!!!! Hugs! Ash~

Corie said...

OH my I am soooooooo jealous!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wow, that's awesome! You have a GREAT crafting space!

Maureen said...

totally love your space and that organization!!! Woooo Hoooo!

((()))
Maureen