March 6, 2008

IT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE....

once you start down that path!! Charmaine sent me some very cute images from Gina K - and they are adorable! I really wanted to play with the hippo so I did! Everything but the image is SU! Isn't she totally cute - I know it's a she because of the long eyelashes and well, toenail polish - teehee! It's hard to tell from the pic but I did cut out the rather large posterior and pop it up on dimensionals (click on pic for closeup) and looks darling IRL. I also rounded all the corners of the paper to match the roundness of the image. Here are the details:

Card Recipe:Paper - Rose Red card stock, Regal Rose card stock, Prints Pack DP (hostess level one), Whisper White card stock
Stamps - Just So Hippy by Gina K
Inks - Stampin' Write Markers, Black Stazon
Accessories - Corner Rounder Punch, Paper Piercer and Mat Stach, Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Rose Red and Regal Rose brads, Large Oval Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

I thought I would redeem myself by doing Jen's sketch at iheart2stamp. This is only the second time I have done one of her sketches, but I really like them and plan on doing more! This care is ALL SU! - LOL! I really liked the way it turned out - I did a little play on the images since one DOES so clearly not fit in with the other three in terms of colors and shapes (remember that game, which one is different??) so I incorporated the orange slice into the message of my card. I got to play with my new Tart and Tangy stamp set as well as my new Summer Picnic Designer Series paper both of which are now available in the Occasions Mini - but remember, this mini is only good until May 31st and then poof! gone. So, if you want something from out of this little gem, get to orderin' and if you don't have a mini and want one, contact me and I will happily enable you - LOL! So, back to the card. This card is 4.5 by 4.5 because I thought that size would fit the sketch better. The base of the card is Real Red card stock, and then layered with Old Olive card stock. Then, I used my DP for the final layer so everyone could see how pretty it is! Each of these is Corner Ticket Punched (of course!). I used my 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 Square Punches for the squares which are Real Red card stock, Bashful Blue card stock, and Whisper White card stock. Then, I used my 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 inch Circle punches on the same colors. The orange slice is popped up on dimensionals and I added an arrow using the My Way punch with the sentiment from the One Smart Cookie stamp set, stamped in Only Orange Classic Ink, and which is also available in the Occasions mini. I added a piece of Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and was done! I hope you like this - I had loads of fun with this one and see myself playing with these sets a lot!
I have decided that I am no longer going to do the fact a day - the originator of this challenge is not doing it anymore so I don't see the point. Thanks for being patient with me through the first 31 of them - LOL! Have a great day - I am off to get ready for my weekend scrapbook crop (Saturday) at a new store I found in a town called Paradise (about 30 minutes away). The owner is really nice and I am hoping to make some new friends while getting some scrapbooking done!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are soo cute! I'm lovin that summer picnic DP! Hope you have tons of fun at your scrapbook crop!

Catherine said...

Both cards are adorable =)

corinnesomerville said...

Oh My Gosh...I'm freaking out because of how much I LOVE your Tart & Tangy Card !!! I ordered this set this week and I can hardly wait to get it now...especially after seeing your card !!! WOWZA GIRLIE !!!!

Anonymous said...

I like how you balanced your Non-Stamping up image with a Stampin' Up! post.LOL

Both cards are super cute! LOVE it!
Hugs and smiles

Amber Porter said...

I love that little hippo too! So cute! I don't have this set but i was able to score some images from it! Love it!! I love the tart and tangy card too! It's one of my fave sets out of the new mini catty!!

Erin... said...

i love that you balanced your "cheating" with a great tart & tangy card! it's just like if you have an ice cream float but make it with DIET root beer, then it's ok!! love both of these!

Shannon McGann said...

That hippo card is so stinkin' cute! I love the popped up posterior! And I love all your new SU! stuff on the fruit card... now I have to go order some! LOL!

Rose Ann said...

I love your hippy hippo card, Alex!! It's sooo cute!! Your fruity card is so sweet as well! Great cards!!!

Alesha Walls said...

Love all of these! Fabulous cards!

Janine said...

That hippo is way too cute...

Alhambra Club said...

Two great cards, love that adorable hippo

Melissa said...

Woo-hoo! I cannot wait to get my Tart and Tangy set today!! Mr. Brown should be here any time and I'm trying to be patient, but seeing your card makes me want him to get here all that much more!! LOL!

Many Blessings,
M.

pescbrico said...

Both cards are really lovely! You were good telling a fact everyday for 31 posts! :) Have a great day!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great cards Alex! The hippo is just too cute. I love all that pink. That tangy card looks great with that dsp. So fun and cheerful. Love that set! :)

Chris said...

I love your hippo card. Gina K has some of the cutest cards. i keep meaning to order some but somehow never get it done.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Have a GREAT time at your crop! I love both cards! That hippo is totally adorable, and I love the tart and tangy! Great job!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just DARLING, Alex! I LOVE it! I know. . .once you start using that "contraband" ya can't go back! LOL

Chris said...

Alex,
I have left something for you on my blog.

Debbie Yates said...

My you have been busy!!! I could use your organizational skills - you are good! The cards are just adorable - I wish you lived in Georgia so we could "play" together!!!

Deborah said...

Now that is one hippie, happy hippo! Adorable card, I need to have her! Your tart & Tangy card is so much fun! Have fun this weekend! Hugs, Deb

Ila said...

They are both Gorgeous and that hippo is so cute!!

Carla said...

Love your hippo card. He is so adorable. I haven't posted here in a while but I've tagged you....post 7 random facts about yourself on your blog and then tag 7 others. Hope you don't mind and keep sharing all those gorgeous cards!!

Tracy.H said...

I so love the hippo card!! Awww...I'm gonna miss your facts. ;0)

Manna said...

Love these! Cute hippo, love her red toe nails!

Diane said...

LOL! She's a she cause she has toe polish...you're so funny!!!
Both cards are great!!!

kathleenh said...

Cute cards! I especially love the fruit one! I love what you did with the saying and the arrow pointed to the orange slice. It makes me want that greeting set! I already have the fruit set. That's a must have!

suzann said...

Isn't it exciting to discover other cute stamps! I love both your cards, but that Hippos is so Cute!

Deb said...

Just beautiful, I so love the whole thing, such a fabulous summery theme, I am so ready for some sunshine!