March 7, 2008

BACK ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW!

Happy Friday everyone! Well, it sure has been fun these last few days playing with "contraband" - LOL! But, I am back to my tried and true SU! stamps today! I actually have two cards to share with you all today. The first one is the one I did for Beate's inspiration challenge. At first, I decided I was not going to do it because I had no idea what to do, and then I decided to make myself because that is why you do challenges is to stretch yourself creatively, right?! Well, it sure was a stretch but here is what I came up with! I left the sentiment off because I am not sure yet what one I want to use so no worries - I will fill that blank space! I used the big flower from the new Occasions Mini set Friendly Flowers because I wanted something large as my focal point. And, I got my new Hodgepodge Hardware yesterday courtesy of Mr. Brown so I had to use a piece! Here are the details for this one:
Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Black card stock, Pink Passion card stock, Taken with Teal card stock, Whisper White card stock
Stamp Sets - Friendly Flowers, Stitched Background stamp
Inks - Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, , Pink Passion Classic Stampin' Pad, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories - Ticket Corner Punch, Green Galore Brads, Hodgepodge Hardware (silver), Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Turquoise Circle Rhinetone Brad, Paper Piercer and Mat Stack, Stampin' Dimensionals
This card is made using the Tart and Tangy Set and the One Smart Cookie Set, both of which you can own only while the Occasions Mini is available. I totally love these stamps and want to play more with them! I used the new yummy DP Summer Picnic also available in the mini! I love this little apple stamp and actually stamped this one twice, cut one out, and popped it up on dimensionals - it looks really cute IRL! There are also little red apples stamped all over the background. Here are the full details for this one:
Card Recipe:
Paper - Old Olive card stock, Real Red card stock, Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper
Stamp Sets - Tart and Tangy, One Smart Cookie
Inks - Real Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers, Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories - Small and Large Oval Punch, Corner Ticket Punch, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 Square Punches, Real Red Brad, Stampin' Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by to see me today! If you check out my counter to the right, you will see I have gone over 15,000 hits - OMG!! So, that means BLOG CANDY comin' your way next week! WhooHoo!!!

24 comments:

Manna said...

Congrats on the hits! Lovely cards. I love all the stitching!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

LOOK AT YOU!!!.....LOVELOVE all of your creations Alex!!....TFS

corinnesomerville said...

I'm so glad that your affair with other stamps has ended....you nothing good comes from affairs...hehehehe Love your cards and you know I'm drooling over the tart & tangy card as I wait for my set to arrive !! Have a great Friday...we're suppose to get another snow storm starting tonight....ughhhh !!!

Love ya :)

Anonymous said...

Alex, both cards look wonderful! Thanks so much for trying out the inspiration challenge. I love the colors and set you used and the added bling!
Your second card is adorable. I love that set and can't wait to get it.
Congratulations on your blog hits!
Hugs and smiles

Lauren said...

Very pretty cards. That Tart and Tangy set is super cute.

Ana Baird said...

They're gorgeous and fabulous! Love them!

Alhambra Club said...

I love your first card, that flower and colors are great and your second card is lovely, Congratulations on your hits, you have a great blog and so enjoy visiting it and seeing your lovely creations. have a great weekend.

Melissa said...

That's it! I'm making something with my Tart and Tangy set this afternoon!

Excellent job A.!

Many Blessings,
M.

Amber Porter said...

Don't you just love the new occasions mini?? I think it's one of my favorite minis so far. I love it all!! Anyway, both of your cards are great!!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Beautiful cards! Great color combinations! I love them both!

Dawn♥ said...

OM heavens these two cards are so dang pretty! Lovely the both of them! Way to go on the challenges! Have a lovely afternoon and weekend!

Anonymous said...

They are super cute! I'm lovin' that summer picnic DP!

Erin... said...

congrats on your hits!! woo hoo!!! i love your cards!! you make that tart and tangy set look so fun!! have a great weekend!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great cards Alex. Love the vibrance of the first one. That's perfect for the inspiration challenge. I love that tart and tangy set. Your card is super cute! Great layout and colors. Have a nice weekend. :) Congrats on all the hits, that's exciting!

Pam Speidel said...

Hi Alex! Love reading your blog and don't know if I told you how much I enjoyed seeing all the photos of your new stamping room. Omg girl, it's beautiful! and oh so organized! Love it...and all your creations! Thank you too for visiting my blog. Your comments always brighten my day! Smiles, Pam :)

Catherine said...

Alex, i like both cards and the stitching is great =)

Congrats on your hits, woot, woot!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wonderful cards, Alex! I'm so glad to see you're back on the straight and narrow! LOL

Dawn Easton said...

Fab cards Alex!

I'm LOVING that Summer Picnic DP...just got my second batch today from SU! I can't get enough of it ;)

Deborah said...

Great cards Alex! I love your cards with whatever rubba you use! (wink)! SU! does rock! Hugs, Deb

Nikki Bond said...

You are sooo funny Alex! It is ok to stray from Stampin up sometimes! {shhhhh, dont tell anyone I said so}! You rocked this inspiration challenge! Have a GREAT weekend! {SMILES}

Corie said...

WOW -- love these -- just so beautiful

kathleenh said...

Cute cards! I especially love the apple one. Great colors and layout.

Louise F NZ said...

Two fab cards....awesome.
Well done on all your hits, I know I love coming back for more.

Diane said...

Hit me with your best shot!!! Wow
that's alot of hits,woohoo!!!!
Beautiful cards Alex!!!